Another New Toy!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Olympus, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I've been anxiously waiting for this baby to arrive and I finally got to pick it up today on my lunch hour. It's a factory two-tone Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm. From what I've read, they only made the factory two-tone versions in 10mm for one year, in 2009, and they all made 100 of them. Just so happens that mine is a single-digit serial number and it's in pristine condition! You wouldn't believe how amazing this gun is!

Okay, here are the pics. I will look even better once I find some amazing wood to slap on it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Very, VERY nice addition to the collection. :cool:

I am interested in seeing what your thoughts are with the 10mm round in the shorter barreled weapon.

Definitely looks in great shape for being a couple of years old. Safe queen?

Very nice.

JD

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Beautiful! I had a stainless CBOB in .45ACP. I miss it more than any other 1911 I've ever had including a Les Baer TRS.

5. Wambli

Wambli New Member

Me two. I've been toying with the idea of having a Commander size 10mm for years now and I think I'm getting closer to having it done...

Beautiful gun!

6. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Great gun! IMO I think the grips on there look great?

7. Bushman

Bushman Member

Nice! Very nice! I'll second the appreciation for the grips already on there.

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I'm anxious to shoot it as well. I think I will try to load some powder puff loads for it for range fun and then crank it up for some SD loads. It will almost surely be a safe queen seeing as it's in such great condition. I might decide to take it out and display it with some different grips when I book a table a gun show. But you can guarantee it will have a "Do Not Touch" sign next to it!

Here's a different look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

1) - Those are nice looking grips.

2) - I think they need a little more dark to bring out the contrast between the slide and frame.

3) - *drools* :cool::p

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

That's a great looking pistol!

11. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Thats a nice pistola, love the grips, but not on that particular two tone :rolleyes:. A really dark, almost black, set of grips would be a nice match for the slide.

Still drooling...

12. Olympus

Olympus New Member

No, I agree. The spalted maple doesn't go well. But I had these about ready to ship to a customer, so I thought I would throw them on and take a few shots.

I'm really thinking that I like the red color, but just not the plain jane double diamonds. I'm thinking something like a really nice snakewood or an amboyna burl. I'm going to order some slim bushings, so I will probably wait until those come in before I made my own set of grips. Thanks for all the compliments.

13. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

14. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I've got the SS slide on mine (10mm, also). Watch where the empties land. If they go to the next county, then change the recoil spring. I run mine with a 20#.
    [​IMG]

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

16. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm green with envy!! I love CBOB's. I had my heart set on one before the price jumped up and Dan Wesson decided not to make them (except for californian's).

I'd still love to have one!!

17. Olympus

Olympus New Member