another new gun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by howquig, Apr 8, 2010.

1. howquig

howquig New Member

just wanted to see if anyone can give me any info on this one
    MODEL: Bookcase Derringer Pair
    MANUFACTURER: Colt'S Patent F.A. Mfg. Co.-Colt
    YEAR: 1960
    It is nickel plated with ivory grips and fires a .22 short on the top of the barrel it has -COLT- just like that with the lines and all. ok thanks for any help sorry I can't post pics right now my camera broke lol.....

2. superc

superc Member

If the barrel pivots to the side to reload, then it is probably a Colt mk 4 Derringer, also sold as the Lord and Lady derringers. I seem to vaguely recall someone (J&G?) selling those packed inside a book 30 or so years ago. Is this what you write of?

3. howquig

howquig New Member

yes it breaks open to the right. I tried looking on gun broker and they had some lords but they all had fancy scroll work on them and then they had the book case one that looks like the one I got but they didn't have any good detailed pics Any one know the value on one of these?

4. superc

superc Member

I just left there, there are quite a few of them there. Go to handguns, type Colt deringer. That will show the Lords. Weirdly the Lady versions are under Colt derringer (double Rs). Several good pictures. Let us know if they are the same. About 300 - 400.

5. howquig

howquig New Member

6. superc

superc Member

Then it is probably a Lord variant. IMO the rarest variants are the plain blue ones. :)

7. howquig

howquig New Member

ok I thank you for the info