Firearms Talk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,433 Posts
The Woox Exactus arrived today. It's a really good looking stock. I'm still waiting on my Archimedes action to ship, and my Trigger Tech trigger was supposedly shipped on the 7th, but USPS tracking shows nothing but the label was created.
With the Trucking strike going on in Canada, it may be a while before it shows up.
I've had hell getting my last two trigger's, it sucks that most dealer's don't stock the LH versions.

Those are nice looking stocks. I was looking at them for an 11/22 project i am thinking about.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Finally after a 4 month wait, I received an email from ARC that my Archimedes action has shipped.
I really like ARC's products, but they need to get their $hi+ together before they have anymore Black Friday or any other type sales I know they are a small company, but customer's shouldn't have to wait for month's to receive stuff that order.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Finally after a 4 month wait, I received an email from ARC that my Archimedes action has shipped.
I really like ARC's products, but they need to get their $hi+ together before they have anymore Black Friday or any other type sales I know they are a small company, but customer's shouldn't have to wait for month's to receive stuff that order.

Hey Tx! So is this where you’re spending the other part of your online time? Good to see you
on here. Well, looks like you’ve been here a long time. I honestly just came across this site last week. Decent place… good AR section.

Your doing another one? Didn’t you just put one together last fall or so? Man…your worse than me🙂

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Tx! So is this where you’re spending the other part of your online time? Good to see you
on here. Well, looks like you’ve been here a long time. I honestly just came across this site last week. Decent place… good AR section.

Your doing another one? Didn’t you just put one together last fall or so? Man…your worse than me🙂
Yep, I'm one of the old timer's around here.

Alway's building something new, usually do at least one a year. I've got to have all the fun I can while I'm still above the dirt!

·
Registered
108 Posts
LOL, I hear ya… I’ve gone through phases myself, between building Firearms & making custom knives. Some years I’ve built 4 guns. But then I might take year or 2 off.

Glad to see another knowledgeable voice I recognize here. Looking forward to seeing your finished build. You always have nice ones with eye catching paint schemes. That last one in the red was wild!

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, I've had some fun shooting this rifle with the old 6.5 CM barrel while waiting of the 2Fity Hillbilly barrel to get made.
I like everything about the Archimedes action except the bolt stop / release knob. It's the same style that my Nucleus Gen 1 action has, but it is almost impossible to turn with without using a Torx wrench because it doesn't stick out further from the action.
Yesterday, FedEx delivered the new X-Caliber barrel and barrel nut, so today I removed the 6.5 CM barrel and installed the new barrel as well as fix the bolt stop / release by taking it apart and cutting a couple coils off the detent spring that holds it in place. It works pretty good by hand now!
As usual, X-Caliber did a great job on the barrel, and who ever they use for their Cerakoting did a great job on the barrel and barrel nut.
Now I just need to resize some brass, and start developing some loads for it.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Today I dug thru my neck bushing box and found the correct bushings that I needed to (1) make a modified case for my OAL gauge, (2) to resize my brass to have .003" neck tension on the bullets.
Once I drilled and tapped the modified case, I measured the chamber with the 135 gr Berger's out to the lands. They averaged out at 2.840" OAL which is almost the perfect seating depth for maximum case capacity and bullet retention.
Then I resized 200 pcs of new brass. Now I just need to decide on which powder I want to start with on my test loads.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts