Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by 95sniper, Dec 11, 2012.

1. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Looks like Clackamas towne center mall. I can't tell you how many times I went there in the past.

Buckle up, we all know what's coming.

3. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

There was also a shooting in nyc I think

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

At least there are not real shooters doing this. This was obviously not a real gun person. 60 rounds fired and 2 casualties? Thank God they didn't know how to shoot. Too bad there wasn't a real gun guy there to stop him. It would have ended a lot quicker.

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

We are going to hear the anti-gun crowd screaming!

7. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

I just got done reading about this. Crazy.

8. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Watch the mainstream media DEMONIZE the Ar once again.....

How the F#@$ was there not a single armed citizen there to at least give this lunatic some difficulty? I know, easy for me to say behind my keyboard.....but like 90% of the people on here I carry almost everywhere I go, SPECIALLY the mall although Im there maybe twice a year. I would at least have given the guy a run for the money taking cover behind marble planters or something....

So sad. People's lives ruined once again for nothing. Its a sick world fellas. Lock & load and watch your 6

9. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Dammit to hell & back. These idiots are going to ruin it for us law abiding firearms owners. The media sure as hell ain't gonna help matters.

10. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

I've been holding off on an AR build because funds don't "justify it" at the moment... it will really suck if some sort of ban goes into effect before that happens:(

11. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Me too. I have decided a build is in order. I think I can swing for a lower and buy the rest as I can afford it. Sounds like a good plan unless they go above & beyond the last ban & ban more than just the lowers.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

What the heck causes a person to do this can of lunacy?

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Where are all the ccw people? You would think a properly trained ccw holder could have easily stopped some nut that cant hit anything.

14. jcd390

jcd390 New Member

First off, thoughts and prayers go out to the the victims and their family as well as the community.

Secondly, this is so aggravating, now because of these types of people we are all going to suffer the consequences.

15. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

When I read the article my heart sank....first and foremost due to the poor innocent victims. Not sure if it included any women or small children but either way its tragic and despicable. But, lets see how long it takes for media to wage an all out war on high powered semi auto rifles.

16. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

I was on my way home. 4 lanes stopped as LE in all forms sailed by. Ambulances about 3 for two separate dispatches. OHSU emergent services making room. My wife was potentially going to have to go in. 1540.

Body armor verified.

Shooter and two others deceased.

Weapon described as "large assault rifle".

Rifle jammed.

About 4 klicks a from my place.

Sucks. For the deceased, their families, every single person who was overwhelmed with the need to check status of family and friends, the kids and their families. Parents and small children. Teens. Those that were there.

Witness stated the shooter was yelling, "I'm the shooter! I'm the shooter".

17. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Let me add my sincere condolences to all the victims and their families. I got a little selfish earlier and let my temper get ahead of my common sense.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

as the economy gets worse people who are borderline at best are going to be pushed over the edge and we are going to see a LOT more of this sht.

most likely the mall was posted "no ccw here please murder our shoppers"

19. pnolans

pnolans New Member

I have to admit, that when I heard about this, my 1st reaction was "Ah crap, more fodder for the anti-gun yahoos".

I feel shamed by that. I was NOT thinking of the victims and their families.

Thanks to those of you who reminded us that there were victims , and that they should be our first thought. IMO.