Another "good boys" (robbers) story

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by wittmeba, Mar 25, 2014.

1. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

That is a great story. The citizen who shot those "good boys" is not guilty of anything. Hopefully the families will save their money and not sue because they can't win.

And most responsible men get jobs to pay child support. I don't care what the thugs were going to do with the money. That's not the way to take care of your children.

And if those thugs were "good boys" then my kids are terrible kids because they've never robbed a store or pointed a gun at anyone.

3. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Just as disgusting as the criminals, parents who think their kids are wonderful, trying to pay child support are the attorney's who would take these cases and defend against a guy trying to stay alive. I don't care what a defense attorney's role is - it just turns my stomach to think someone is going to drag this store clerk over the coals to try to prove his guilt in killing these two find young men.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the poor devil who shot these two pieces of **** could sue the mother for "Parental malpractice?"

After all, look at the "emotional distress" that he was forced to endure.

5. winds-of-change

I read the whole article and watched the video. It was said the case will get dropped in court before it ever goes to trial as there is nothing to sue over. The DA said no wrong was done by the man defending himself. The shooter is not being held or charged with anything and broke no laws. He can't be charged criminally or sued civilly.

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I always thought justice would be for the one bring charges to pay the same as they attempt to sue for if they lose the case and be forced to pay the real victim.

Winds - I agree with your post but just like the article indicates, it may cost the victim (probably not) just to prove his innocence and the grief he will endure as mentioned above, time off work. No matter how right he is, it's not free.

Now he has to live with the thought of retaliation every time someone walks through the door of his store.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Remember that OJ was not found to be guilty, but was still sued in civil court and lost.

8. winds-of-change

It wasn't the shooter's store. It was just someone who witnessed the robbery. That is the very serious problem. The shooter has to be worried every time he leaves his house. :eek:

Hmm.......true. But it was mentioned the shooter can't be charged or sued in civil court. But I don't really know if that's the truth.

Did either of you watch the whole video?

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

This is the problem with justified shootings.
    The shooter could be cleared, but there is the problem that in this sue happy society, anything is possible.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damages

10. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Great story, such good boys.....

11. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Justice ? Justice was served . Be a parent , teach them right . Teach them to earn what they want . And go sue yourself for being nothing to your children .place the blame where it belongs , look yourself in the mirror and convince yourself what a fine child you raised !

The are certain cases where parenting has nothing to do with things , just kids being kids , stupid at times . Then there are just stupid non-caring parents !

12. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

+ 1 on that Dango

13. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I admit I did not watch the video (limited internet data plan).

I do NOT agree with our society that someone can be found not guilty then get sued in a civil court and lose. There is just something wrong with that picture to me.

I know they are different lawsuits and are implemented by different rules but I just don't agree.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  14. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Good boys ????????????????????

I can't say what the men were like when they were boys, seems they got what they were looking for. Drug addicts with guns that were probably stolen. How can men pay for drugs and not afford child support. And the mother, family, and relatives putting up teddy bears. Give me break why don't you. One guy says, the next thing you know people will be walking around with guns, policeing the area and taking the law into their own hands. I guess he never heard of neighbor hood watch..........Give the shooter Citizen of the year and lets move on...................

15. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

You tell em Dango!:D

16. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Not only how can they afford drugs but how do they afford guns? Guns and drugs. I doubt if child support was high on their list to pay out.

...and Winds - whether it is the shooters store or someone else's if he continues to work there who knows who may come back to seek justice on him?

About the driver of the vehicle that dropped them off.
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...botched-robbery-at-reading-convenience-store/

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  17. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

"Police say Medina and Decarr held the store owner at gunpoint Monday. As they were leaving with cash, cigarettes and lottery tickets a neighbor shot them in the street after they pulled their guns on him."

What, no skittles?

18. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

An important factor could be the timing and sequence of events.

-Entered store with guns out & held clerk at gun point
    -Robbed the store
    -Exited with money, cigarettes & lottery tickets
    -Stopped by clerk/friend of store owner
    -Pointed guns again at clerk/friend of store owner
    -Shot by clerk/friend of store owner

Did they or when did they put their guns away? Is it important?

I think this confirms you better get your story right each and every time you tell it.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-killed-outside-convenience-store-in-reading/

Not sure who Conception is - must be a friend of the dead criminal.

And they give their names and say "they have not identified yet.". What is this ?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014