Another FTF meet and shoot.

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by canebrake, Aug 2, 2010.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I had the absolute pleasure to meet and shoot with utf59, yea I know he's a glock man but I didn't hold it against him.

Here's a canebrake "mea culpa", I shot his .45 ACP glock and.......wait for it.......the "man chambered" glock was a good shooter. Wow that was hard to get out! (I won't mention the trigger take-up and the standard glock black brick feel in my strong side hand.)

I will let utf59 post what he wants to revel but as far as my arsenal, here's what I brought:

Ruger LCP .380 ACP (no photos)
    Ruger LCR .38 spl (no photos)
    GSG 1911-22 .22lr
    Browning High Power 9mm
    Canebrake Colt-Defender 3" .45 ACP
    Fenrir Colt-XSE Government 5.5" w/CCG's 460 Rowland kit
    S&W 29-2 .44 Rem Mag

IT WAS HOT IN POMPANO BEACH THAT NIGHT!!!!! We made it hotter! No target photos to lie about, we just had soooo much fun I forgot to take enough pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a series of photos showing the recoil a shooters experiences when shooting a .44 Rem Mag with heavy loads. (This is NOT a sequence of one single shot so quit counting the holes in the targets and posting magic bullet comments. I put this collage together from the pics I took that night.)

Attached Files:

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Nice weaponry. Looks like you fellas had fun but we must stop talking about hot summers as mine has been mostly in the low 60's.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wow! That is one cool get together there Cane. The most excellent host, as always.

Really great get together and excellent pics. :p

JD

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

You caught the muzzle flash...........:cool:!!

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Flash photography... very cool.

I see we are withholding identities to protect the not so innocent.

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Great pics & report Cane.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent gentlemen! These small get togethers will help pave the way for the FTF Meet & Greet in Texas. :)

8. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

That Fenrir is a friggin' hoot! Always the gracious host, Cane is rapidly becoming "Mr. Meet".

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Sounds like a good time! I need to meet up with some of the locals in my area....perhaps I should organize that.

10. utf59

utf59 New Member

It was a great time. My thanks to Cane for showing me to a fun range.

I brought:
    Glock 30
    Glock 27
    S&W 586
    Walther PPK/S​

I figured Cane was just being polite taking a turn with the Glocks. He did like the trigger on my old Smith, though. Of course, I've spent a few thousand rounds breaking it in.

Getting a chance to shoot a few things I had never tried before was fantastic. And there's nothing like having someone hand you a .44 magnum with someone's handload in it that's named "Atom Bomb" that he just got.

utf59: "Have you shot one of these loads before?"
    Canebrake: "Nope."
    utf59: "So I'm your guinea pig?"
    Canebrake: "Yep."
    utf59: "Okay."​
    ;)

Actually, I thought it was very hospitable of him to let me try it first. The result was that picture with the muzzle flash that looks strangely like a mushroom cloud. There is no quicker way to bring a whole range to a halt. I smiled for two days straight. :D

Cane was a great host. I hope he can make it up to NE FL so we can do it again.

11. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Thats probably too far North/too cold an area for him:p

Looks like yall had a great time! Excellent picture's:cool:

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Thanks utf, it was a blast, literally.

OK, here goes, the "Snake's Take";

Glock 30: It's a glock but........chambered in the manly .45 ACP. I must say this is the best feeling glock I have shot. I like it better than the 9mm versions which aren't bad guns. The pleasant shooting 45 still has the glock trigger.

Glock 27: WOW, two snake hits. glock and 40 S&W.

[​IMG]

S&W 586: How could you not love this gun? Smith wheel guns rank way up there on the rattler's scale! This one just felt right in my paws, and I must say, shoots like a dream. We shot .38 spl and this gun will drain your wallet for ammo before you get tired of shooting it! I need a .357/.38 spl wheel gun in my arsenal!

[​IMG]

Walther PPK/S: This was the first .380 that I truly enjoyed shooting! Nice heft to this gun and the fit and finish was outstanding! If I were to buy another .380 this would be the gun. I wonder if it comes in raspberry? [​IMG]

The Atom Bomb dialogue went exactly like that. I need to do a shout-out to BILLYBOB44 for his hand rolled 44’s. Great job! I thought Fenrir was a firing line stopper but when we pulled the loud switch on the 44, the line went quiet and a crowd formed behind utf59’s lane to see if his cannon had two or four wheels.

And to the guinea pig comment, I have shot many of BILLYBOB44’s hand rolled ammo and had no concerns as to its efficacy. But nobody tell utf59 that.

I hope to get up North and do some shooting with utf59.

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That sounds,and looks, great guys! Glad yall had fun and thanks for sharing!

:cool:

14. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Wait a minute, cane....you don't have a 357?

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nope, I'm suffering from TDD (Three-fifty-seven Deficit Disorder) and must resolve this scandalous oversight!

I was saving for this Korth Combat Revolver, but used the money to buy a house.

[​IMG]

When I found out I could get four of these for what one Korth costs I'm sticking with the Python. (A snake reference, get it?)

[​IMG]

16. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

That Korth is miiiiiiighty fine looking