Another Brother!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by jpattersonnh, Feb 14, 2010.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

My buddy Jeff bought supplies to reload around Thanksgiving. He had to burn some brass though. He shoots .45LC is a revolver an a Model 1892 repro. All he wants to reload right now is .45LC. I finally was able to meet up w/ him and get him set up. I was scared by the calipers he had. They looked like something Bubba made. You can't read them. Glad I brought mine. He had some real high end cast 100ct 250gr bullets. Lube is a bees wax blend. He also had a box of 500 from the same company. $15.00 for the 100ct, 40.00 for 500.:confused:
    He is good to go. We tested a few at 75 yards in a 24" 1892. He hit dead center of a 4" bull on the 1st shot. 250gr wide metplat and Unique worked very well.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG] to him!

The more home rollers the better!

[​IMG]

Now get him to sign up here and share his experiences!

3. jpattersonnh

He is still timid when it comes to talking about, having a knowledge base about firearms and reloading. He loves the fact that once he hits that 500 box, his cost per round goes to .15. .45LC has hit $40.00 per 50. Even w/ the cost of his 1st box of 100 cast bullets he is at .23.
    .80 to .15 a round>

He may like it here. Pretty laid back w/ good Humor.

4. Dave_Bone

Dave_Bone New Member

Hey, where did the second shot hit?

5. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

He'll really start to gain confidence and enjoy the hobby even more when he starts tackling the handloading of bottle neck rifle ammo.

6. jpattersonnh

He was diggin' the accuracy he got at the range w/ his new loads. I placed an order w/ Barnes and ordered some 225gr for him to hunt with. He'll be trying some 7.62x54r soon enough.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Good job! Bringing another one into the fold. Be careful you don't create a monster/addict. Oh, I guess there are worse things to be addicted to.