Another AR and AK Myth debunker

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Mark_Van_Goth, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Mark_Van_Goth

Mark_Van_Goth New Member

In last couple of days I had a discussion with a "genius", someone who has never shot a rifle and he neither handled one.

Incredibly, he has a very clear ideas about the M16 and the AK47-even if he doesn't know what are the AR and the AK platforms.

Here is what this "expert" said:

AK 47
    -You cannot hit anything with an AK 47 at 100m(110 yds)-neither in semiauto.
    -The AK is not a reliable weapon:It is all about a strong scam propaganda.
    -The AK is unacceptably heavy-maybe the heavier rifle of its type
    -The AK is not a durable weapon:The scam propaganda hits again.
    -The AK is an old and obsolete weapon that cannot be upgraded and it shouldn't be used by any army
    -The only advantage the rifle offers is cost effectiveness and almost acceptable reliability.

He's opinion is based on the following:
    -He watched many tv shows where they said that the AK is pure crap
    -Question:If the AK is so good, why the whole western world didn't adopt it?(It looks that he forgot about things like the Cold War, etc.)

M16
    -The M16 is just a plastic toy that shoots live ammo.
    -The M16 is incredibly unreliable.
    -You need to be Nobel-award-winning scientist to learn how to use a M16.
    -The M16's ammo (5,56x45 NATO) is the best ammo out there.
    -The only good thing the rifle may offer it is its accuracy and weight.
    -You can break it by throwing it on the floor

He's opinion is based on the following:
    -He talked to many friends who say that the M16 is just an expensive toy.
    -He has made his own research on the web, HE KNOWS THE TRUTH.

As you can imagine in his (not-so-modest) opinion, both AK and AR supporters and fans are just stupid morrons that spread lies around.

What do you think about it?

2. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Genious, I cant even spell that but I can tell you his studies werent in Firearms. Fired them both, the m16 for 21 years, his insights are as useful as a One Legged Man in an *** Kicking Contest. Maybe instead of talking to so many friends, he should go out and shoot both a few times. Then he might realize why both platforms have become baselines for some of the most copied and loved firearms ever created for the soldier and the citizen.

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I think you are better than him.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

What is his suggestion for an adequate service rifle for mass issue?

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

What was that he said about ". . . stupid morons that spread lies around"?

6. Salvo

Salvo New Member

Computer scientists once coined a phrase to explain why digital accounting software so often returns inaccurate or bogus results.

"Garbage in - Garbage out" (GIGO)

If the person feeding data to the computer is sloppy, distracted, has a personal interest in the outcome or just doesn't give a hoot, then the output from the program will be - garbage.

A more recent example would be climate "scientists" who fudge the data being input into climate modeling software for political reasons, thus producing garbage results. In the 70's they were hysterically warning of an impending ice age, now it's global warming, even though there has been no data indicating any actual warming on a global basis for close to twenty years, now. - GIGO. (Mann's hockey stick)

In today's environment, a lot of people try to apprehend reality through social networking websites, video games, and situation comedies on television.

Garbage in - Garbage out.

This explains the "expert opinions" expressed by the fellow who the original poster here had talked with.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Did you tell this Genius that he was a freaking Moron & walk away ?..................

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Who has taken the genius out shooting and debunked the myths for him?

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Not everyone can have one of these:

[​IMG]

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Tell him you would take him out to shoot one but he is obviously not smart enough to run it. I guess he is the opposite of a mall ninja.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Mark- I think you found Nancy Grace's Tech Advisor for firearms!:p

12. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Why would you spend x2 as much on the BAR? What can you do with it that I can't with my O-PAP AK?

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Everything he said about the AK is wrong except that it is old and cost effective.

Everything he said about the M16 is wrong except that it fires live ammo, is accurate and lightweight. And that the 5.56 is a good round.

Any firearm can break if you throw it on the floor.

14. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Your friend is a mosin fan. :p

15. Donn

Donn Active Member

Another internet expert, like guys who were never in the military telling me how it really was in Vietnam. Buffoons like this aren't worth engaging, just chuckle and walk away.

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

So since this cat is indeed a true " Expert" and he seems to have hit the head on every detail on how both of these rifles are just crap and non military grade "Toy" weapons . I would like to know what weapon he thinks would be the best choice as a battle rifle that isnt plastic "Junk" , will never jam , Is accurate at all distances, and is ruler of the "Weapon World" .
    Go ninja, Go ninja Go .

17. samnev

samnev New Member

AK vs M16

His whole analysis is BS, MS, PHD which means. Bull Shyte, More Shyte, Piled Higher and Deeper. What a moron.

18. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe he should read this then. Atleast his "facts" would be a lot closer to the truth. :rolleyes:

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm

Thanks McCool. Now the Mosin bashing starts again! :p

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  19. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I would feel well armed with either weapon. In primitive conditions, I think I would rather have the more primitive weapon though.

20. Salvo

Salvo New Member

Looks like an FNAR to me. Is that really a BAR?

If so, it would be quite a bit more powerful, reliable and accurate than any AK that has ever been spawned.

You know... The things that people want firearms to do.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014