Announcing!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DrFootball, Nov 5, 2013.

1. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

'm Happy to Finally Officially Announce the FTF PODCAST. Look for the first 3 episodes posting shortly! we'll use this thread to Suggestions for Show Topics(lets keep it "clean" please) regarding Shooting Sports, Topics here on the Site, Various reviews, future reviews, and such others of interest. Hosts, VikingDad, TekGreg, and Yours Truly! Soon to feature Guests from the industry as well.
    See you on The "internet radio"

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Is the title FTF or FirearmsTalkForum or Firearms Talk?
    Is there any way to get podcasts without upgrading the IOS version?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Where can I find them? I'm guessing on the website. I tend to use the iPad app. Can you link to it when you get episodes posted?

Thanks.

4. DrFootball

McCool: not sure if they have been "FeedBurned" to iTunes Yet,..as soon as they are (if they are-The Admins may want to keep it "in house"). You do not need to update iOS to listen through the web. The Tab to select shows is on the home screen of the Webpage, so Yeah JW, you'll need to access from The Web. I use the App mostly as well,..so I had to look on the front page to see the tab. We have the Thread opened for show suggestions for Topics, Guests, and "News," So please feel free to post suggestions for us. Right now the show is not "LIVE" meaning we don't have the ability for folks to listen "live" as it happens,..but if this does well, we can move to that level, which would allow folks to listen to us as we broadcast, instead of record and replay as we do the show now. I will be doing a few "off Air" Interviews at this weeks local Gun Show here(Cottonwood Az. Sponsored by Firingpin productions) and hope to to go the SUREFIRE show/clinic In Boulder city Nv. Next week.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  5. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

What the hey, how about 9mm vs..40 vs..45? AR vs AK?

6. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Talk about poaching. And pandas ;)

7. DrFootball

You really want us to talk about the same old stuff like which round is better? You don't think that's boring?

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I thought it would be a start. How about current events, like the traffic stops in new Mexico.

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Gun owner myths vs reality.....

10. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

O boy Doc, that sounds like it could be interesting! First topic, How did I find The FTF!

11. DrFootball

Ok,..that's a podcast l

12. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

SO, how do I get to the podcasts ?

13. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I've never felt the need to access/download a podcast before, but I think this is a great idea! I look forward to enjoying the content.

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

They do them all the time at work but Ive never casted a pod in my life before (and Im a Tech Geek)! I will try to get in on this, sounds pretty cool. Docs got some interesting perspectives and weve got a great following here with lots of awesome info and insight!

If this goes well, maybe we can set up a live stream with realtime Q&A! Not so tough nowadays, mostly just some software and a descent connection to do the basics!

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I just hope I'm smart enough to figure out how to download and listen to these podcasts. I am quite technologically impaired.

16. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

+1 on TECHNOLOGICALLY IMPAIRED
    I run Linux on my computer because it is harder to break, but MY SON is my tech fella, we have the three computers in a line Mine, His, My wife's, and if he's not around and I have a problem 9 times out of 10 I'll wait 'til he comes back in .

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

OK, the podcasts are up and ready to go. Click on the "Podcast" tab on the blue bar up above and select the show you want to listen to.

I am Dr. Football's Co-host on this venture. This is my first foray into this sort of thing so I still have my training wheels on- but I think I am making some good progress by the 4th show.

We do hope to progress into a live show where members can call in just like a broadcast radio show, and we can have guests on etc. etc. (listen to the 4th show for some of the ideas here!)

So listen and enjoy! Please post your feedback here, and try to me kind:).

18. JayCody

JayCody New Member

Post Deleted

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Found it I guess?

20. JayCody

JayCody New Member

Yes I did. Can't wait for more