ankle holster for glock 23

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by tua05737, Mar 15, 2012.

1. tua05737

tua05737 New Member

Hey guys I'm looking to get an ankle holster for glock 23. Anybody have any recommendations for comfort and stability?

2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

A 23 in an ankle holster? Hopefully you have some super baggy pants. I carry my BUG in a Galco ankle rig that is pretty comfortable.

3. Beamer

Beamer New Member

Galco makes a pretty comfortable holster. I think getting a G23 to be comfortable down there will be quite a task. I have one and don't even like to carry it concealed in an ITP holster. I love the gun but just a bit bulky. I opted for a Walther PPS for CC. Good luck.

4. Mandy

Mandy New Member

For ankle carry, use a subcompact G27 or G26, IMO a compact gun is too big to carry on the ankle

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Is that your back up gun? If not why would you want it all the way down there?

6. Beamer

Beamer New Member

Good point. Your primary should be easily accessible. Otherwise, why bother.

7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Sure put the G-23 in a IWB and a G-27 in the ankle holster, seems like the G-23 is a whole lotta gun to strap on your ankle IMHO.

As for the rig Galco has a nice one.

8. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I agree

Yeah, i would pass on that idea. Although, i feel the 23 is the perfect size, carrying it on the ankle would be a challenge. I carry mine in a TommyTheis IWB and its comfy for me.