Andy Griffith Died at 86.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Wiebelhaus, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

This is horrible news, I loved him he also reminded me of my Grandfather.

http://cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2012/07/03/bts-andy-griffith-medal.cnn

http://cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2012/07/03/bts-griffith-howard-on-set.cnn

http://cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2012/07/03/bts-andy-griffith-vault-love.cnn

2. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Heard the news :( RIP Andy Griffith

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Yes, very sad...he's wildly popular around these parts, the whole state is in mourning...:(

4. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

My granddad had an old record of his. On it, one of the titles "what it was, was football" is PRICELESS.

Back when comedians were funny, without being dirty.

All my childhood memories are dying of old age.

:(

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I never wished him ill, but the fact that he was a hard core leftist, tempers the sorrow somewhat. Never had any issues with his acting or other entertainment endeavors.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_new...upporter-of-democratic-causes-dead-at-86?lite

6. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

I grew up watching his show in first reruns and as the son of a law enforcement officer it paralleled my own life and relationships... It also made me proud to be from North Carolina. The show represented a bygone era of values and innocence. I feel like I've lost a family member..... Goodbye Sheriff Taylor. I will miss you.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Loss of a great actor and loss of a good man for our rights. Good bye Andy

9. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Yea same here buddy, he looks just like and spoke like my grandfather, no one ever heard my grandfather raise his voice, he never spoke in anger to any of his family anyway and was always at work or at church, he retired from the military twice, once as a soldier and the other as a military base tech guy, tech being back then radios,TV's,Monitoring equipment. I wish I was more like him and Andy Griffin reminded me of him a great deal.

10. MrMayhem

MrMayhem New Member

I'll always remember him, as the Sheriif of Mayberry. RIP

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I liked him in "daddy and them" w Billy Bob Thornton and Roy D By God Mercer

12. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

I stay out of actors' personal views so I can judge them by their entertainment values and Andy's one of the best.

R.I.P. Andy

13. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

The state of North Carolina, The United States, Even the world itself, has lost a great man. The millions of us who grew up watching him in his many roles, have lost a part of our lives that will never be replaced. Go on home Andy, you will be missed, but we will take comfort in knowing you're in a better place

14. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I didn't know where he was born. Andy was from every small town in America. If you grew up in rural America you understood Mayberry,USA.:)

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

The town of Mayberry is actually based on his hometown of Mt. Airy. It's a quaint (hate using that word, but it's the only one that fits) little town full of the same southern charm I love about my own hometown. The kind of place where they roll up the sidewalks and shut it down around 7-8. And you can just forget trying to shop on Sunday. I believe they still have hitching posts too... They did the last time I was there in 2006.

16. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

NOW silent key...............RIP fellow ham (W4ULD)

KI4JDX

17. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I grew up watching his show. I am sorry to see him gone.