Anderson arms lower?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ccase39, Feb 22, 2014.

1. ccase39

ccase39 Member

See one for 75 bucks at a gun show. Any experience?

2. ccase39

ccase39 Member

He's got some PSA lowers for 70. Stripped lowers. How do they comparing? I'm familiar with PSA. Have one of their uppers. Just wondering if there was much of a difference in quality.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Both are fine. I've seen each for like $50 at PSA recently, but that's no better than $75 when you factor in shipping and transfer.

If you like the roll mark, either is a square deal.

4. ccase39

ccase39 Member

I was gonna go spikes, then mega, then Noveske but I came back to earth and now will probably just get the PSA unless I can find a Spikes at a dealer.

5. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Absolutely grab it, if you want to build. They apply a proprietary treatment to all parts. It reduces friction to the point you never have to lube the rifle. It was the cleanest running AR I've had, because no oil was there to pick up the residue. I'd still have it if I hadn't traded it for something special.

6. ccase39

ccase39 Member

I read on their website that the parts sold individually were not treated. It's only treated if you buy the whole rifle.

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

If so, I stand corrected! Thank you.

8. ccase39

ccase39 Member

I wouldn't put my life on it but that's the impression I got reading the fine print.

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I spoke to them on the phone before buying my rifle, to verify what I had read. They are a small business in Hebron, KY. They seemed straightforward, no bull.

10. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I recently built with one of their lowers. It was perfect, no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

11. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo Member

I used one of their lowers for a build a couple of years ago and still going strong. I've also used PSA, Stag, S&W, Aero Precision and Spikes. I'm happy with all of them. Pick the one which you like and go with it. As Sweeper 22 said, with those prices they equal out paying shipping and FFL transfer getting one online.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  12. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

I've got an Anderson Lower ordered at my local LGS right now for like $60 w/background check. Couldn't pass up the price and should be in this Week. Read good reviews on them from other sites.
    Also found a STAG Lower at another local LGS for $135 which I'll pick up probably this Week. With my DPMS(Oracle), I'll have a Horse, Deer and a Panther in my collection. I think I just started a Zoo. Good thing I live in the Country. Been waiting 3wks now for my PSA Premium Upper Assembly w/lower build kit order to come in. I'm getting ready for Springtime.

13. Olympus

Olympus New Member

They are great. I've built several rifles with Anderson lowers.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

14. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Just picked up my Anderdon Lower

Had an Anderson Lower ordered from local LGS and just picked it up.

I was surprised by a couple of things from them.

1: It has a forged-in Trigger Guard. This certainly saves on broken Guard Ears. Don't know if it has enough room for a "Heavy Winter Glove", but certainly will fit a Medium and Light type Gloves.

2: This thing is BEAUTIFUL. There's not a scratch on it. The Lower itself came in a plastic bag that had a big sticker on it with pertinent info like stock # and Serial # etc. Good going Anderson on how you pack items for shipment to the LGS with Customer's in mind.

3: There's NOT ONE SINGLE FORGE MARKING on this Receiver. It's smooth like a fine piece of jewelry. This totally shocked me considering some pictures I've seen from Manufacturers costing 3 times more.

Anderson has exceeded my expectations. Looks like they're here to stay a while, and that's good from my 1st dealing with them.

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

That make a lower with an enclosed trigger guard and also one with an open trigger guard. I have 2 of the enclosed lowers for my own builds.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Firearms Talk mobile app

16. 762

762 Member

i've seen them cheap at shows too, been thinking about trying one.

17. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I sell them for $70 plus tax locally.

Actually both of my ARs are almost made with all Anderson parts.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Firearms Talk mobile app

18. ccase39

ccase39 Member

There is a gun show here this week. I am looking for a spikes but if I find an Anderson I'll probably buy one this time just to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk