Ancient Springfield Model 15

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by jimsouth, Jul 8, 2014.

1. jimsouth

jimsouth New Member

I have several .22 rifles; Remington Field master- Ruger; but I gotta be honest my old Springfield Model 15 out shoots the others effortlessly. Single shot - bolt action - manual cock. Spot on.

2. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was a model 15 or what. When I was young I was brought up with a Springfield single shot, that my Uncle owned. I on't think it had a serial number. It was walnut stocked with metal butt plate, I think. the barrel was at least 24 inches and maybe 26 inches. One of my Cousins has it now and I doubt I could pry it from their hands with a wad of hundred dollar bills. I would love to have it and failing that one just like it. I haven't seen one in any gun shop rack thus far.

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

The only single shot Bolt actions I see in the stores are the Savage Cricket's in Pink or Lime Green synthetic, or in wood stocks...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

4. jimsouth

jimsouth New Member

Bought the grandkids a Rossi .22/ .410. Break action - single shot. One of the kids is left handed - so easy for both to use.

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

One of my cousin's back east, has one for his kids, 6 and 8,...he says his 8 yr. Old son is "Fierce" and wants to shoot the 410 all the time. He had to limit him to 5 Shells per session because 410 isn't cheap,..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk