Firearms Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Are the hormones still a factor or active in anyway after the meat is cooked at temperature? Heat chemically changes meat and most other things. I've never heard a proven answer to that question.

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
I've been rolling around the idea of going on a 100% game diet, I'd need 6 deer a year and preferably a bear to both eat and render into cooking fat. Other than that, small game would replace chicken and pork.

I'm weirdly unimpressed with store bought meat, particularly when I see someone trying to flex by showing off a nice beef brisket. Its like, congratulations, you walked into a store and bought meat that came from an overfed cow.

·
Premium Member
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Its like, congratulations, you walked into a store and bought meat that came from an overfed cow.
A cow that was fattened while standing in mud and cow dung at feed lots. Everyone should drive by those feedlots south of Amarillo. The stench is nearly excruciating.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
A cow that was fattened while standing in mud and cow dung at feed lots. Everyone should drive by those feedlots south of Amarillo. The stench is nearly excruciating.
Ugh... i lived there for about a year for work. When the winds shifted... woohoo! Boy howdy... it was gnarly.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Ugh... i lived there for about a year for work. When the winds shifted... woohoo! Boy howdy... it was gnarly.
If you packed that many humans that close together and fed them without a bathroom, it would smell awful too. As in Anderson prison camp during the Civil War and any concentration camp in WWII. We just don't eat each other....as far as I know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now try to imagine how much we still don't know about what we eat and how long it lasted. Such checks should be carried out ten times more often than they are being carried out now. Sometimes I come to the idea that it is worth growing all the products for my family myself. Who knows how this may affect the children. I use some supplements, but this is a personal choice of everyone. In addition, I buy them only after I carefully read their composition here Multivitamin Reviews - Best Multivitamins for All Needs due to the fact that I am allergic to some ingredients and I want to know that what I have consumed will not harm me.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Now try to imagine how much we still don't know about what we eat and how long it lasted. Such checks should be carried out ten times more often than they are being carried out now.
I'm sure they would if they could but they say they don't have the man power to do that many checks. It been going on for years, they made it illegal but it still gets through undetected most of the time. Thing like this may be why we are getting so allergic to so many things.
They say you are what you eat.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts