An unusual question

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by amstutz, Oct 12, 2010.

1. amstutz

amstutz New Member

I recently heard about a Michigan State Police issued Sig P 229. The person had an experience with this pistol and when drawing it from it's holster it "lit up like a christmas tree" upon questioning he reported that it had "red and green lights". Out of curiosity does anyone know if this is "standard" or some special equipment? and what are the red and green lights? By the way, this was in the dark.
    Thanks

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Huh??

Is he talking about the Tritium-Style Night Sights?

Or is he saying that the weapon itself was glowing red and green?? :confused:

I know of no feature on a handgun, short of a rail light with perhaps two different bulbs, that would cause the weapon itself to "light up like a Christmas Tree".

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The only thing that even makes any sense is some very bright night sights...

4. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

It could be fiber optics or a traffic light. They are usually red and green.

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Fiber optic night sights maybe.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

There are some red and green lasers out there (though I have not heard of them being in the same casing). Pulling a handgun from a holster can activate the laser.

7. amstutz

amstutz New Member

Unusual question

Yes, I suspected a laser sight but more than one light was a mystery to me. It was specifically stated "red and green lights". I can't figure it out.
    I is a serious question as this weapon was used in a murder.