An odd one

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by NGIB, Oct 3, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Picked this one up on a trade today even up for my NAA Guardian. It's a Dan Wesson .357 with a 3 inch barrel & target sights. I've owned a few DW's in the past and they were all the changeable barrel type - knew they made fixed barrel guns but I've never even seen one. Bluing is pretty good, lockup is great, and it's just a unique piece...

[​IMG]

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Very nice. I'd hold onto that one for a while. Will there be a range report?

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

He'll trade it off before there is time for a report.:rolleyes:

NGIB is the only man I know with a revolving door on his gun safe.:eek:

Good looking revolver though.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I have 4-5 I haven't shot yet. Now that my days are back to normal, I'll probably hit the range after work at least once this week. I can bring this one and the SP101 and just make it a revolver outing...

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Once your son gets there, you can make it a daddy-son-revolver day.

Nice pick up, brother. :D

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Are you SURE that barrel does not change out? Have never seen one that did not (but there is a lot I have never seen)

What does the muzzle look like???

BTW, this is my DW with the long barrel- they shoot GREAT-
    pistols 013.jpg

7. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Joker anyone :D Jk nice wheel gun

Attached Files:

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Yup, it is for sure a fixed barrel. The muzzle has no barrel nut but it still looks like the barrel & shroud are probably separate pieces. I did some snooping on the DW forum last night and the fixed barrel guns were produced at the Palmer plant towards the end of DW's business life. While this is a Palmer gun and QC began to go downhill after the move from Monson, this one looks to be a good one and not shot very much. For what little I have in it, I think it was a nifty find. I borrowed this muzzle end pic from the DW forum and it was posted by Charger Fan - who visits here from time to time...

Attached Files:

• FB11.jpg
      FB11.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  9. Charger Fan

Charger Fan New Member

Here I am, on one of those time to time visits...Man, I need to drop in here more often. :eek:
    Yes, Dan Wesson did make fixed barrel guns for a short time, from about '92 to '95. This makes them a relative rarity within the DW lineup of course, so don't tell anyone.;)

Here's a closer shot at the business end of my blued 3" FB gun...including some zits on it's face.:D LOL!
    As you see, no barrel nut.
    [​IMG]

NGIB, congrats on your FB Dan Wesson find, that's definitely one to hang on to! It's not every day (or every month) that a FB DW comes along for sale. One of these days, it will be once a year, you watch.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  10. Charger Fan

Charger Fan New Member

Ummm, yeah...according to the 'o IMFDB site, the Joker's gun is actually a "Hollywood-ized" S&W 15-3.:) I knew no self respecting 15" DW gun would have posed with such an obvious photoshop job to the front of the ejector rod area as this one shown.:D
    But yes, such a DW factory (non-non-Hollywoodood~ized) 15" .357 barrel can be found...out there somewhere...if you have good mouse timing & a big enough wallet!! LOL

[​IMG]