An odd one

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, Mar 20, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Picked up an odd one yesterday from a fella on my local GA forum. He had offered this gun+ammo+cash for my Commander but I really didn't want to swap. Since I no longer had a 9mm, I made him a cash offer I felt reasonable and he accepted yesterday.

It's a Jericho 941s semi-compact steel frame with rail. For a while these were imported by Magnum Research (called the Baby Eagle) and then by Charles Daly (out of business now). They are the issued pistol of the Israeli military. Feels a lot like the CZ-P01 in the hand but it's heavier as it is all steel. Fit & finish are really nice and build quality is evident. Got the gun and 1000 rounds of ammo at a reasonable price and a third of the ammo was good SD rounds. I'll be putting the Streamlight TLR-2 on this one and it will sit on the coffee table as a home defense gun...

Attached Files:

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Cool find Dave! How does it shoot? I wouldn't mind finding 1 in .41 action express just for the caliber. I like oddball stuff like that.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Don't know yet Bear as I picked it up just before I left for home in SC. I'll get it to the range this week though. I have shot one of these in .45 and it was very accurate and comfortable to shoot...

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Dave, I must say you have an eclectic taste in your gun collecting.

I wish I had the ability to have the revolving door style of your accusations. It allows you to accept most any weapon, at a knowledgeable/reasonable price, just to experience the platform. This permits you to "try out" an incredible amount of different offerings expanding your practical experience.

Kudos for making that knowledge available to us.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice pistol. It kind of looks like a CZ.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

They are a CZ clone as IWI buys the slides and frames from Tanfoglio in Italy and then assembles/finishes the pistol in Israel. Like a CZ, the slide runs inside the frame. One thing I've found out so far: I know the Israelis carry chamber empty - this is not an easy gun to quickly rack the slide as there's not much slide to grab...

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Cool find Dave I like those pistols. I had a Baby Eagle .40 for a couple of years, got it used and shot it alot. I never had a single problem with it and it was surprisingly accurate.

:cool:

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That is nice. My BIL has one in .40 with the Polymer frame and it is a real nice shooter. I have been thinking of getting one myself. Those Steel framed ones sure are heavy. Good find. Waiting on the range report.

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Dave, you do not want that pistol! You will not like it, it will be to heavy for you. Them Israelis do not make comfortable, reliable, accurate, functional or tactical pistols.

Just send it to me, hell I will give ya $100 for your trouble. No need to thank me, you will just be damn glad to have someone take that awful paperweight off your hands. ;)

Jack

10. Viking

Viking Active Member

I looked at Baby Eagles at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple of times, they felt really good, fit my hands nicely. I liked the idea that they had steel frames. Had they been available when I was able to buy I might have gotten one.

11. Wambli

Wambli New Member

I had one of the original 941 sets that were imported in the 80's which included both the 9mm and the .41AE setup all in ane cased set. It was a great gun and fun to shoot but I had a friend fall in love with it and made an offer of two SIGs for it and away it went. Funny I just sold the last .41AE box of ammo I had on Gunbroker.

Great gun for what you are going to be using it for. Good luck with it!

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Jack, you're a good man and you made a kind offer. I'd hate to saddle you with a heavy and bulky pistol in a sub-standard caliber so I'll just hang on to it...

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Seriously, you older fellas don't need to be burdened with any of this or that. I would be happy to clear out the clutter for nothing more than ammo and the gun. Let some us younger fellas take on that monkey. You know out of thanks for your service and all. Just a thought. :D

14. Force4000

Force4000 New Member

Ive heard of this gun before but have never actually seen one. Looks pretty slick.

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Got home from SC and looked thru my holster box to see if I had anything that would fit. Well, I found a nice leather Galco paddle that fits this thing like it was made for it. I believe I got the holster with an HK USP Compact I had for a short time. I don't intend to carry it for SD, but it's nice to have a holster for range work and if I use this one in IDPA...

Attached Files: