Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an M&P 9mm Full Size on January 6th. Today, I bought an M&P 9mm Compact...and also decided to go with the Shield for my fiancé.

I really love these guns. I am a trie believer that they have became a top comptetitor in the polymer semi-auto gun world. I would recommend them to anybody.

Very satisfied customer here.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Agreed. For three reasons:

1. Lifetime Warranty
2. American Made
3. The VTAC is one of the coolest guns I've ever owned. IMO.

Love the M&P line of handguns and ARs.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I've never seen a shield in person. My LGS has a 9C. How much more concealable is the Shield? Also, is $515 a decent price on the 9C?

BTW, congrats on your new guns. Always love to hear about people getting new stuff.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Concealability is highly influenced by factors other than just gun size; body size being chief among them.

Some (larger) people might be able to conceal the M&P compact just as easily but, as a small guy, the Shield is very significantly easier to hide.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never seen a shield in person. My LGS has a 9C. How much more concealable is the Shield? Also, is $515 a decent price on the 9C?

BTW, congrats on your new guns. Always love to hear about people getting new stuff.
Thanks!

And I paid $470 for both of my M&Ps. I got lucky though, bc I was price locked where I bought them. They went up to $509 before tax

·
Registered
864 Posts
BulletToothT2 said:
Oooooooh. I like that!

How would one go about aquiring an appearance such as that?
It's made that way by S&W. Just look up M&P VTAC 9mm or 40.

The big thing are the sights. Day on top. Night on bottom.

·
Registered
629 Posts
aandabooks said:

Saw a guy post a brand new Shield 9 for $650. What a pr$!k!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
BulletToothT2 said:
I looked into those sights. They are really nice but wayyyy out of my price range....for sights.
I got the gun with the sights and two mags from my LGS for just over $600 after tax. So I spent about $100 more than the standard M&P 9. Best money I have spent.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That makes it worth it...thats something I will be looking in to.

Do they cause any issues being a taller sight for conceal carry?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts