An ar build

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Ultimate_sig, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I know nothing of ars and would like to get into them. I own pistols and feel im ready for the next tier. Where should I start, im all about customizing so idont want to buya built rifle. Id also like to build an ar that id be very pleased with for at least 5 years, meaning I want one that will make me not want another

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Just start reading the threads in the AR15 section. You can learn how to assemble a custom rifle. Also lots of info. about the various manufacturers and vendors that sell components.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Warning, they multiply like rodents. :D

4. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

Not possible!:)

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

If you want one that won't make you want another I'd suggest a DPMS or Olympic. Hell, you'll want to get rid of it w/i the first couple range trips :)

If you are wanting something to last look at a quality unit from BCM, Daniel Defense, or Colt.

From your OP it sounds like you excited to accessories. Be careful and find out what you need before spending money. W/ so many options it's easy to end up w/ a box of stuff you tried but didn't like.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I agree with this totally , I wasnt happy with the standard forearm so I went magpul and love how it feels to me , I would like to purchase a Troy TRX in
    15" for my 16" barrel , I just cant pull the trigger on a $189 forearm because if I dont like it will lay around because I wont take a beating on selling it

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Dude. If you don't like it I'll buy it from ya, so get off yer @ss and buy it already >.<

But get the VTAC version, i like the slotted look over the round cutouts. if possible >.<

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  8. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I won't hold of on buying something because I may not like it. I prefer to do the touchy feely thing, obviously, but if I can't, I'll order it and use the 30 day money back guarantee.
    Order it, put it on, and if you don't like the feel of it, don't think 'well, a trip to the range and I'll love it', just pack it back up and send it back.
    Or sell it to Agent. He sounds like he has vague interest in it.

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Not Vague! I'm considereing the Troy Vtac 15", Samson 15" handguards for my next build.

10. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

The 'vague' was a very poor attempt at humor, as you made it quite clear you would purchase it if he didn't like it.:)

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Tikki! Would that 15" VTAC Alpha fit on that dissipator? That is one nice looking setup. (I are be having paint available to get it right.)

12. jasonlarue1013

jasonlarue1013 New Member

I like the look of the Vtac and it's weight specs are awesome. I ordered the Flat Dark Earth Alpha on my upper. Not that means anything being a noob. Love that hand guard chart mj gave me link to

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  13. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Where did you find it in dark earth? I've been looking for that and it's always just black unless I order Magpul.

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Relink plz :D

sounds like a useful resource....SHARE! plz

15. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I are be thinking yes.

On that particular PSA upper setup tho, you'd have to remove the front sight post before installation.

BTW FDE rocks.

16. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I want that front sight post gone anyway.

17. jasonlarue1013

For my Spikes Lower I was thinking a SAR 12" rail on spikes upper since its the lightest rail but might go with the new Troy Battle Rail on a DD LW HF 14" upper. Like the DD lite 12" but it's expensive

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

OP here's your ultimate build:

I'd recommend a JP Enterprises SCR-11 side charger complete upper with LMOS BCG & adjustible gas block, AXTS AX556 lower with a Magpul MIAD, Ares Armor Effin-A compensator, Geiselle SD3G trigger, Schmit Bender 1-8x Zenith scope on a QD LaRue mount, Trijcon RMR RM07 on a 45 degree offset mount, Diamondhead premium BUIS, Magpul UBR on a Vltor A5 milspec converision.

Enjoy.

19. jasonlarue1013

Ordered directly off their website offers in Black and Flat Dark Earth

20. jasonlarue1013