An announcement from ebay.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BLS33, Aug 1, 2007.

1. BLS33

BLS33 New Member Supporter

Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.

As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
    Vice President, Trust & Safety

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200707.shtml#2007-07-30094109

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

E-bay

I already went to the e-bay forums and posted my feelings on this decision. I will no longer do business with e-bay and would encourage all others to do the same. If we hit them in the wallet they MIGHT listen. They are a publicly traded company and as such are answerable to the stock holders. If the stock holders lose money they will call for heads.

BOYCOTT E-BAY!

3. BLS33

It is such an idiotic thing to do. I'm sure thousands of things bought on ebay have been used in crimes, but guns are so scary :rolleyes:

4. FALPhil

FALPhil New Member

Scumbags.

What other auction sites are popular to sell parts on?

5. SabreArms

SabreArms New Member

Lets see, I bought a lamp on EBAY and broke it over my wifes head... Maybe they should revisit that rule??

My wife bought Stiletto's and kicked me in the nuts... I would surely like to see those banned as well.

6. HK911

HK911 New Member

Here is another way for the gov to control gun items. Ebay will figure out they didn't something wrong if everyone stops selling/buying items on there.

Also I found out that EBAY shut down or bought Yahoo Online Auction. Ebay wants to buy all the online auctions so they would be the Super Power on online auctions. They want total control... I saw that on a TV spot on MSNBC 2 or 3 months ago. The kid that did the shooting did not buy anything from ebay!!!! This is another excuse to cut gun items out of ebay..... What horse sh&^!

If he did do that. It would be all over the news!!! Another excuse for the Dem to yank our rights from us!!!!

I am sick and tried of all this bull. everyone is trying to pull!!!!!!!!!!!

7. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

8. aussierogue

aussierogue New Member

9. SabreArms

SabreArms New Member

Not to mention there are plenty of forums based around whatever gun you are looking for. Glocktalk, saiga, sig etc etc. People are always selling there wares on those forums.

10. BLS33

The only thing they are doing is losing business. There are still plenty of ways to get the parts you need online through dealers, personal sales and auction sites. It surprising because ebay really wants a monopoly on online auctions.

11. Spartan

Spartan New Member

wow

i wonder if ebay sells shovels? and if they sell shovels to canadians then that is a little hypocritical because on my last contract i was stuck in nova scotia for two months before heading to the middle east and all i heard about was canadians killing each other with shovels. i think its called a concealed shovel license there or something. idiots. there is a reason why there is a border between canada and the united states. lol this is what happens when the french rule the world.

12. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

13. reloadersauction

reloadersauction New Member

http://www.reloadersauction.com

Not too popular as of yet....but A new site just started to pick up where Egay kicked us to the curb

This is what I told myself when I decided to start this site (While Pi$$ed at Ebay for dumping us )

First, we need a site Like this....I WAS satisfied with Ebay until they changed policy on us and made me realize that we meant NOTHING to them as members.

Secondly, I am self employed, so the time it takes to promote the site is not a problem, the Software actually runs the site with very little maintenance and I have already prepaid server fees for 1 year....we will be there that long at least...lol

Thirdly, Where else can someone auction these types of items for free, for any price, and only pay a dollar, (final selling price fee) and ONLY if it sells?

Fourth, if I listen to the members suggestions and feedback and make changes accordingly, it can only get better!

And the last thing was that I am not doing this to get rich.....heck, I make good money with my refrigeration business....I just need a place to buy CHEAP reloading supplies...lol