An American Hero!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DFlynt, May 10, 2013.

1. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

This is what a HERO looks like.

In 2010, he threw himself on a grenade to save his buddy.

We don't just see Lance Cpl. Kyle Carpenter in this picture.

We see an example of why we have our freedom.

We see a MAN among men.

We see someone we wish we could thank in person.

We see another reminder of why we should appreciate those who serve & have served for our country.

SEMPER FI to all you Marines out there! A Big BRAVO ZULU to all you Air Force and Army. To my brother Navy and Coast Guard, keep 'em sailing!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Scars from combat are a badge of honor. What I see is a man I'd follow to hell and back.

3. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

I see a GREAT MAN.
    GOD Bless YOU young man.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

God bless him, the armed forces, and the country they all protect.

5. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Same. My father served in the Corps for over 20 years. I have a very deep respect for all who serve, and all who are willing to lay down their lives to protect the freedom and lives of others, but as a Marine's son, they hold the place of highest regard. If I ever had the chance to meet Lance Cpl Carpenter, it would be an honor to shake his hand, and say 5 simple words that have deep meaning to so many of the veterans I know.

"Thank you for your service."

Such a simple thing to say, but it's meaning is much deeper for some of us. This comes from someone who spent more than one sleepless night, praying for the safe return of a friend or family member who is\was serving their country abroad. We will wait until they all come home, and we will welcome them home when they do.

Given that this is a public forum, I say the following. thank you to all who are serving, and have served our country, and thank you to those who serve by staying behind and supporting those who are serving away from home. Until all of us are reunited, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and come back to us. You are missed.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

"Where do we find such men?"

7. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I would much rather not see this. I am a firm believer in scorched earth warfare when dealing with muslims. That's just me.

8. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Amen!!!!!!

9. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I see a Marine, SEMPER FI......................

10. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Brave soldiers. Reminds me of a stories here present and past.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind! This young man is a HERO and what men are made of. Instead of the pansies we are generating in our political correct world of soft skin and what about me attitude! God Bless this young man and his family and it thrills my heart to know there are soldiers like him out there that have the true warrior spirit. Bet he is a Hell of a person a good family man and a good friend! From an old Army Vet! "Semper Fi" in all respect for the Corp! And Thanks to him for his service and for his unselfish act of bravery! A True HERO!:D

12. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Lt. Col. Anthony Herbert , in his book, Soldier voiced doubts about these stories of men throwing themselves on grenades to save their comrades . Herbert asked why they didn't do what they were trained to do : Pick it up and throw it back to the enemy .
    In WWII, the Japanese sometimes kept a few extra sand bags handy for smothering grenades . Once, Americans took a pillbox and found 7 sandbags blown to bits . I recall I read this in Shots Fired In Anger by Lt. Col. John George .
    Smothering a grenade with your body is a good way to get the Medal of Honor but don't try this stunt at home ...

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Grenades have this nasty tendency to bounce and just go everywhere...like a pinball. By the time you get your hand on it, it's been cooking for probably at least 4 seconds on a 5 second fuse.

Now, I would recommend jumping on a grenade, about as much as I would recommend hooking jumper cables to your scrotum (actually, there's a few I would love to do that to, but I digress...). Anyway, sometimes there's no time to do anything but just lay down and scoop it under you.

Enemy grenades DO get thrown back. But you don't read about those on Facebook or in the news...