amt automag ii

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by topsho7, Oct 11, 2011.

1. topsho7

topsho7 New Member

Does anyone have an amt automag ii ? How do you get it to stop jamming?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

First off, welcome to the forum. Stop by the "Introductions" area and tell us a little about yourself.

Most jams are caused by the magazines. Have you tried a new mag? And please explaing what kind of jam you are getting. Is it a Failure to Feed? Failure to Fire? Failure to Eject? Failure to Load? Trying to load a second round?

3. topsho7

topsho7 New Member

Well it stovepipes and sometimes a round gets stuck trying to feed up the ramp. I noticed it shoots better with just 5 rounds in the mag.

4. topsho7

topsho7 New Member

Ohh and I just have the one mag. I had another question, there are no markings on the slide and the frame just the serial# I know there were 3 locations these guns were made, and it doesn't seem to be polished off either, thanks for the help

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The first thing is to get another mag. It sounds like the mag is releasing the rounds at the wrong time in the cycling of the slide.

6. WDB

WDB New Member

I have one. First give it a deeep cleaning (these pistols do not like to be dirty). If that doesn't fix your issue.try. Polishing the feed ramp, it will make a world of difference. I used a drumel tool with a cotton wheel and a light abrasive paste. Also clean the ramp after each use as it ghalls up easily. Also check your guide rod spring. Mine broke awhile back causing it to jam evey 4-5 rounds. I replace it and it runs fine now. It also depends on the ammo you feed it, buy the good stuff and FMJ rounds are best.

They are a fun pistol to shot but have to be kept in top shape if you want a hassle free time at the range.