Ammunition

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by MyRawTalent, Oct 22, 2012.

1. MyRawTalent

MyRawTalent New Member

Is it cheaper to buy ammo online instead of instore?

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

99% of the time yes. Sometimes you can get lucky and catch a sale at a store or gunshow but generally online bulk is the cheapest.

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

It depends on the ammo you want, and where you live.

In many cases, Wal-Mart has it cheaper than buying online and paying shipping and handling.

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I found it may or may not be cheaper. It depends on the shipping & handling charges. Online provides a much greater selection, cheaper, and in bulk, than my LGS.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  5. mdauben

mdauben New Member

This is often true especially if you are not ordering in bulk. Buying one or two boxes at a time online will often eat up any savings paying for shipping.

6. 25-5

25-5 New Member

If you order in bulk and are able to pick it up at the store. No shipping charges. I do that w/Cabelas. I can't get ammo shipped to me in Cook Co. IL anyway.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

free shipping, or other discount coupons are the way to go.. be sure to search online for coupons before buying.

8. Vaderm3

Vaderm3 New Member

The cheapest ammo I've found is at my LGS. I can get a box of Federal 9mm for $10.99. Cabela's comes in at a close second at $11.50 for the same ammo. I'm sure that buying in bulk online or at a store is cheaper, but not in my current price range.

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Online sales are a great way of saving money on ammo. But, you will want to buy enough to eat the cost of the fees and shipping. I but most my reloading components online and it saves me a bunch. I don't buy as much loaded ammo as I used to so I tend to get it at gun shows. I will usually buy mu powder at the same shows if they have what I want/need.

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

This ^.

11. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I live in cook and I had ammo shipped to me.

12. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Cabelas said not to my home as well as a site I found on ammoseek.com I will try again. Thanks

13. niteglock

niteglock New Member

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Do you have a Wal-Mart nearby?

15. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I am a dealer and I have found an outfit on Gunbroker that sells real reasonable and ships for FREE. I have been buying from them at well under what my wholesalers are pricing the ammo and with not shipping cost!!!:cool:

16. bayouBore

bayouBore New Member

Could you share the seller on gunbroker?

17. JimRau

Yes, but I don't have it handy. If you go to GB and search ammo you will see only one that offers free shipping and that is the one.

18. JimRau

The name of the company is 'Sportsmans Supply'!:)

19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Buy in bulk, online is best. Buy single boxes and the shipping brings it higher than you can find in your local Walmart or, even better if you have, BiMart.

20. danolator

danolator New Member

BulkAmmo.com. 1,000 rounds at a time. Delivery in two days for $7.50. Just picked up a case of Sellier & Bellot .40 w/shipping for $16/box. 9mm is way cheaper. I buy almost all my ammo with them.