Ammunition drum clip magazine holder thingy

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by clr8ter, Aug 23, 2014.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

So, last week I was explaining to my buddy who's just getting into shooting the difference between clips and magazines. OK, so it's a [et peeve of mine when people call mags clips. However, I have noticed that several manufacturers are calling their box mags clips. What gives? If any group should know the difference, it's the manufacturers, right? Or, did they get together and change the definition? How can I justify explaining the difference to my buddy, if he goes to buy and extra mag, and it says "clip" right on it?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Some makers have simply surrendered. And yes, have seen packages- especially for .22 magazines, marked "clip".

Was in a shop last month, using up a gift certificate. told the clerk I needed some 230 gr 45 caliber bullets. He set a box of .45 ACP ammo on the counter. I looked at it, said "That's nice. I am looking for 45 caliber BULLETS."

Sheepish look. "I'm sorry- you have no idea how many times...." :)

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

maybe some of the manufacturers and retailers just conceded rather than fighting over the definition or terminology over the components.

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

They're pathetic, then. But with the bullets, I can see that. If you're a clerk, hearing all the wrong names for everything all day HAS to mess with you. Check out Gun Gripes on You Tube. They did an episode on this subject. I think it was pretty early on, maybe in the 1st 10-20 or so. Pretty funny.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I try to go easy on the new guys.

But I was at a gun show and saw a table that was full of reloading stuff. I asked the guy behind the table if he makes his own bullets. He got all up on his soap box and said "No, I make my own cartridges." I looked and him and said, "I can see that you reload. But I also cast my own bullets. I am guessing that you don't."

If he thought I was a newbie he should have not tried to talk down to me. Perhaps then I would not have talked down to him.

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

LOL. I see your point.