Ammunition availability

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by lonyaeger, Oct 29, 2009.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Have things loosed up for y'all? I've been getting Winchester white box
    .45ACP 230-grain 100 rds. per box at our local podunk Walmart for $34.97 a box.:)

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

They haven't loosened up here at all. I keep hearing it's gotten better but I still can't find any 45s, 9mm, 38, 357, 380 is a joke, 32, 25, even 22s are hit and miss. Some rifle rounds are slim too. Dicks and Gander Mountain have some stuff but they're pround of it. I'm just glad I got into reloading before this whole mess started and stocked up when things were still cheap.

3. ccr203

ccr203 New Member

Things are starting to get better in my part of the country. The Bass Pro has most pistol and rifle rounds in stock. You are limited to 5 boxes per visit, but they have it. I even picked up 150 rounds of 380 there last week, and that was the first time I have been able to get that since Jan.

Chris

4. OC357

OC357 New Member

22lr is the only thing wallyworld seems to have with any regularity around here. But now they have a sign up limiting you to 1 box of any 1 caliber but the shelf is pretty bare so wtf do they need the limitation for if they don't even have 1 box of any of the popular calibers.

OC

5. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

y'all need to reload.the only ammo I buy is 22 lr ;)

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Hey, thanks for the tip.

7. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

not really a tip but when I go and the price now on ammo its just crazy.since I cast my own bullets I can load a box of 44 mag/45 colt for 3.00 a box.

I load both with 9.0 grs unique

powder 1.28

primers 1.60

bullets free

brass free
    --------------
    $2.88 per box of 50 isn't bad.

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The only drawback I see in reloading is crawling around on the floor (or ground) fighting other folks to pick up brass. I get a chuckle at times watching folks argue over whos brass it was...

9. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

:) for about 2 years I was a range saftey at a local range.those ol boys from austin would just leave the brass on the bench.:)

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I would reload for sure, but I am time and space-challenged right now, so it's not practical for me.

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I sweep mine up at the range, but just put it into the bucket for anyone who wants it. If anyone wants it, I'll box it up and send it to them instead. I'm good for about 100 rounds a week usually.

12. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

it does take up some space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

My wallet just gasped!! :eek:

14. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

15. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

For the love of all that's holy... put a fridge and a pooper in there and I'd never leave.

16. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

thats 30 years worth of gun chit guys:)..

17. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You're good for 100 rounds a week? What brass are you willing to part with?

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

It's all .45. Mostly Winchester white box. I can't say that I'll always have 100 a week, but that's what I've been doing lately. Want me to send it to you?

19. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

My gun guy usually has everything and very good prices. Only place better is wally world and they are still spotty. I usually grab what ever they have for pistol ammo and its hit or miss. Their price on brass is usually what he gets for wolf, I don't know how they do it but I ain't gonna bitch

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Did I hear FREE BRASS? 45 acp flavor? I will take some to get it out of your way.