Ammo

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by MCarter788, Sep 21, 2013.

1. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

Where can I get a bulk box of 22 ammo? Online or local... I live in Dallas.

2. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Only suggestion I have for you is get the Walmart app and check it often.
    It does work

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

4. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Yep. Check both of these a couple times a day. You'll be stocked again in no time. Don't waste any time when it says in stock though, it doesn't take long to sell out usually.

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Gander Mountain has 22 LR ammo in the store most of the time in NC. It appears that Gander Mountain, Dicks and cabelas are not advertising their ammo online. They want to get you in the store so you will make impulse purchases along with your ammo.

6. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

The Ammo search function in the Walmart app is disabled. The amounts are always incorrect for at least a month now. I'm done with them until they can keep it stoked the right way,....plenty of places to get it now online, just watch your prices....

7. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Depends on where you are at in Dallas.

Grabagun.com has a store in Coppell but it can be difficult to find. However, they have had different bulk packs and while the price isn't great it's still within reasonable market value so you shouldn't get hosed. They've had CCI of various types and Remington Golden Bullets in quantities of 500. They sell out but not quickly.

Other than that, hit Academy, especially on Mondays but they get shipments throughout the week. I've had the best luck with Mondays though. It's hit or miss but they have .22 all the time and even if they don't have the bulk packs you can still easily pick up a 100 rounds. Every little bit helps.

Wal-Mart has been inconsistent as hell and I haven't seen any bulk packs in North Dallas for months. If they're getting them, they are selling out fast. You can buy 3 boxes at a time though so it's easy to walk out with 150 rounds when they have it. Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine has been nearly worthless to me for ammo.

8. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Check the fb gun reader there's a guy with alot of 22 for sale

9. hawaiifrank

hawaiifrank New Member

Checking Wal-Mart often has worked for me lately. Last week I found CCI Minimags in stock--the first time since I started checking nearly a year ago. I bought 6 x 100 (wife and I). I think the prepper/profiteer market is finally starting to saturate. I plan to continue to stock up slowly as supplies come back.

I've also seen several other calibers on the shelves lately. Quite a change from the past year. I've been in about 25 different Wal-Marts in several states over the last 10 months and the shelves were almost always bare of standard handgun ammo.

10. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

My local gun shop is starting to have 22lr in stock for a change. I had around 4,000rds put up but glad to see it on the shelves finally. I bought a 325rd box of Federal Automatch for $21.99 yesterday along with some 22 short CCI ammo. Now I can enjoy shooting without having to worry about raiding my stash. Good Luck.

11. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Been lots of ammo showin up around here lately, EXCEPT .22lr. Its still hit and miss, mostly miss. But plenty of 9mm, .45, .223, etc. .22 mag was on the shelf today too.
    Most of the big gubberment orders had to be filled by Oct 1st, so now we should see more and more instead of that little bit we've been used to.

12. DrFootball

Hope your right! We have a New Dicks Opening up here....so i'll be glad to get over there and pick up some. While you can never have "enough," Right now I think we have "enough" 38/357, 9mm, and Rifle & Shotgun ammo. Have about 3000 Asst. 22LR's right now,..but I'd feel better if I could Double that....

13. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Sorry to hear about another Dick's opening up, anywhere. Good luck.

14. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Trust me Dr, even when its 11,000 rounds it still feels like not enough :(

[​IMG]

15. DrFootball

I think we Have 11K TOTAL..(or just above) because Half of that is 7.62-.308/.30-06/ .223/5.56....
    I would Love to have 11K of JUST 22 Ammo!!! I also don't count the 1500+ of 45ACP I have since we rarely shoot that anymore...

16. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Sweet stash. :p

17. DrFootball

Yeah she's on the Ball....

Negative: since very little 22LR is available here(except online) I have had to focus on other areas of munitions to stock up on.

Positive: as a result, I have plenty of 38/357 & 9mm SD rounds, and have restocked on 12 & 20Ga. As well.

Outcome: one of my friends traded me 2-500 rd Federal 22LR Bricks and 200 rds. Of 22Mag. For 250 rds. Of 12Ga. 00 buck, and 100 rds. Of asst. slugs.
    ( I bought 3 250rd. Cases when I got the Catamount) I now have 8 bricks on the side, and a few 100's of loose 22 rounds, mostly CCI mini-mags, and Winchester Super-X HP's, but a few of the Federal auto-match( now have 3-325's of those,...saving for comp. shooting)... But nothing like Anna's stash.....

18. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Bartering is a good thing. I have helped others and myself when I can. Sometimes money cant get you what you want.

19. E7018Dan

E7018Dan New Member

My local shop wants $40 for a box of 325 automach. -.-