Ammo

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by JolietGunner, May 8, 2013.

1. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

I swear 22lr ammo is made out of gold cant find it anywere!!!

2. AR10

AR10 New Member

One company makes four million rounds a day, so sooner or later, the horders will get tired of buying it, and it will return.

3. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

There is a store by my house hasnt seen any in 3 months!!

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I was at Sportsman's Warehouse today, no ammo except a lot of 7.62 x 54 and shotgun rounds.

This past Friday, they got their shipment of ammo. Word was it filled a hand carry basket.

The ammo was .22LR in 50 round boxes!

5. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Gonna try after I get off work. Walmart App is showing 9mm in stock at 2 local stores.

6. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Did you look in my lockers? ;)

7. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

No but if you tell me where they are I will!! ;-)

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

We've got a dreamer on our hands here folks. Lol

I wish I could be as optimistic as you, but I see anti gun legislation only rising and creating more intense and sustained panic buying of both guns and ammunition, with no increase in ammunition production to supply the demand. Before long the focus will turn not to limiting arm capacity but production and purchasing. Pierce Morgan has already started the bug about this.

I'd like to place blame on the hoarders, for a lack of sportsmanship, but culpability doesn't lie solely with them, they're just doing what they feel they need to.

9. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Try Gunbot.net

Try this Gunbot link. I bought some HV Aquila HP yesterday for .08/round. As I was inputing this reponse, Natchez sold Winchester 555 round, 36gr. for .06/round on Gunbot site. It's there, just takes watching and waiting. Oh yes, and some frustration. It's getting back - slowly.

10. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

lol

Well, you go the 'WILL' part right, now just get writing one! :D

11. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

lmao thats not nice

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Most learned "last time" many more learned this time-
    Course the 22 thing came as a surprise to everyone :eek:

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Last week my LGS had a pretty good stock of Eley Black Box. $19 per 50 round box, 1 box per customer. How bad you want it?

14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Not everyone entirely. 37% of my inventoried ammo is .22 LR and .22 Mag.

15. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

I will thanks

16. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Well, you need to go up to North Bay Canada (where I am right now for work for a few days). Posted these in another section. The guys at Walmart thought I was nuts, and couldn't believe me when I told them (stupid) people would easily spend $50 a box for these. No limit up here either. Don't pass out...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I was referring to the lack of it on shelves right now-
    I have plenty too but not really by design in case of a shortage-

18. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I picked up 3 boxes of 45acp Tulammo for a total of $50 at walmart a couple of days ago. Which I swore I would never buy Tulammo again but I have not seen any ammo here in 6 months. This is getting ridiculous. Ammo manufactures are working 24/7 and turning out more ammo than ever. Where is it all going. I go by multiple walmarts 2 - 3 times a week and its the same old story. They never know when its coming and when they get it they sell out within hours. So they are either buying it and selling it to someone else or calling their buddies when it comes in and they buy it. Unreal!!!

19. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Depending on your location...they could be being honest...walmart sends stock on a per capita system....so the less merchandise they sell...the less they send.. My local Walmart has this problem daily.