ammo?

Discussion in 'Virginia Gun Forum' started by potentialglock, Feb 7, 2013.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Alright fellow Virginians. Its time we all help each other out. We all love to shoot and as such need ammo to do so. So if somebody around here sees any ammo availability let the rest of us know. For instance the new Walmart in Newport News had lots of defense rounds foe most handgun calibers and several boxes of fmj for 380. Any other sightings?

2. nixfix

nixfix New Member

Dick's in Bailey's Crossroads and Fairfax both get regular shipments of 22LR, just call on Tuesdays or Thursdays to ask if they got any (at 9 when they open) and they'll reserve you a couple boxes.

3. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I make a point of it to not shop at Dicks anymore

4. nixfix

nixfix New Member

Good for you?

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

For anybody in S.E. PA or N. DE, Targetmaster (rt. 202, just north of the PA stateline) is selling 500 rd. cases of popular PD caliber ammo at reasonable prices again. Federal 9mm FMJ, $129.99 + tax.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Shhhhhhhh! You're giving away our secrets. :)

7. Ryadew3468

Ryadew3468 New Member

I do too....

8. wghuffman

wghuffman New Member

Dicks

I don't shop there myself.

9. tlmathe

tlmathe New Member

I got some .40 at Dawson's in Wood bridge today and it wasn't a 1 box limit

10. nixfix

nixfix New Member

For all of those, who have their panties in a twist about Dick's, Silver Eagle Group has had every popular pistol caliber throughout this entire mess. No markups either, 3 box limit. Last time I purchased 9mm there, it was 16.99 per box.

11. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

It has been my experience that Gun Shows have had the best deals on ammo with the exception of .22 LR. They just dont seem to want to deal on the .22 LR and it is about 10¢/rnd at best.

All other ammo (at least for us) has been found to be good prices at 250 rnds or more and there is no shipping as there is with online stores.

Salem Gun Show July 2013
    500 rnds .40 $209.00.

Roanoke Gun Show August 2013
    500 rnds 9MM $139.00.

I did order 100 .308 Win $56.00 from Sportsman's Warehouse. Shipping was $11.00. Still a good price per round after adding shipping.

.22 LR is still a problem. Sales lady at Walmart/Salem, Va indicates when she opens at 7:00am there is already a line waiting to buy ammo and it all sells before they reach the end of the line so some go home with nothing.

Since our shooting is for fun and plinking the low budget ammo is just fine for us.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013