Firearms Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know what kind of ammunition do you recommend I use for my colt 45 1911 lightweight commander I'm looking for something to just practice with but something that's clean and you could hunt with also

·
Banned
0 Posts
I just wanted to know what kind of ammunition do you recommend I use for my colt 45 1911 lightweight commander I'm looking for something to just practice with but something that's clean and you could hunt with also
i use just the regular, 230 gr FMJ for practice and handloads with 200gr Hornady XTP bullets. both seem to work very well in my Commander and my SA Micro Compact 45, which is a lightweight Officer sized 1911.

·
Banned
278 Posts
I have 2 1911's and a compact Polly .45 by Taurus. I use Seller & Bellot 230 grain FMJ for both practice and carry ammo. Cheap enough to plink with and, in my opinion, the perfect carry ammo. I use hollow point in my smaller caliber guns for carry but with a .45 FMJ is what I like.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Magtech makes a 'clean burning' FMJ ammo, but it's a little higher priced than their regular FMJ. To me, Remington UMC & Federal Champion that you find at Walmart are relatively clean, but I usually don't shoot but about 50 rounds per pistol when I go to the range so may not be a good test as far as cleanliness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts