Ammo

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by kirsch, Nov 29, 2011.

1. kirsch

kirsch New Member

What is the best sd ammo for a 38 + p

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

There's no one definative best ammo for self defense. Some people like Double Tap, Speer Gold Dot, and so on. From my limited knowledge about Double Tap they seem to like to load their ammunition near the top of the power scale.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

What it eats best. Try some, each shooter and pistol is different.

4. rugernut

rugernut New Member

The wallmart brand Remington plus p loads are pretty powerful and accurate that's my opinian

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I bought winchester white box .38 +p jhp and everyone I've talked to says that's fine ammo. But i shoot winchester through my ruger because that's what works for me. But i use .357 jhp for self defence round because i shoot out a gp100. When i first got my revolver i bought like 6 different brands to see what i shot best with and went from there. Winchester is available everyday around me But Im looking to try some other brands here real soon.

6. rugernut

rugernut New Member

This is a really good websight cheap for way they got aim surplus. Com

7. crossfire

crossfire New Member

There is no shortcut here. If you don't handload, the only way to go is to buy several different brands and test each one for accuracy in your revolver. Since this is self defense and not hunting ammo, you use the one that shoots the tightest groups irregardless of the velocity.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011