Ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by markerdown, Jun 18, 2009.

1. markerdown

markerdown New Member

No not IYAAYAS AMMO. I was at my local wally world earlier today. They had 1 box of .25 ammo on the shelf. That's it. :eek:

They did have some 12 and 20ga shotgun ammo. The dude says they get just a ration of ammo and it's gone as quick as they put it out. Is this what the world is coming to?

Oh yeah, reason for my trip: I drew a muley tag this year, wooohooo, area 10 the Ruby Mountains in northern NV and I wanted to pick up a box of .270.................markerdown

2. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

Sadly, I'm probably one of like 5 people on this forum who will of gotten that, laughed then shook my head. :D

Back when we were Services, myself and a few others tried to get our squadron chant to be "Services... Don't fork with us!"

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm pretty sure I can put my hands on some for you here in Sacramento. Let me know what and how much you want and I'll ship it over to you. Just reimburse the cost and we're good. LMK. :cool:

4. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Thanks for the offer CA357, I'll find some locally or UT/AZ areas. I'm just lookin for a box of bonded A frame .270 Just to sight in my rifle and go deer huntin'. A box of 20 will go along way: 1 deer 1 shot (or 2) if I'm lucky. :D

I read about folks stockin up but never paid attention to local vendor supplies until I needed some. I was just shocked at the bare shelves at the two walley worlds close by. .................markerdown

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Okay, but if you get stuck, just let me know.

6. Miles

Miles New Member

USAF veteran here

;) LOL!

Brings back some funny memories.

7. Miles

Miles New Member

Too much paranoia

Sorry to hear about that, Markerdown. I get all the ammo I need but sometimes I do find that I have to work at it a little harder, ie. driving into the next county.

On the positive side, my last visit to the local independent gun shop revealed MANY boxes of .223 and .308 and various other rounds. Hopefully the hysteria is dying down.

8. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

Eventually people will run out of money and will stop all the hoarding. I hope!

9. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Ammo here isnt too bad. The more common rounds are gone quicker, but still have plenty of time to buy it before its completely gone. I got some 00bk when they actually had it. I bought 2 of the original 10 boxes. Took a few weeks for the remaining 8 to be sold. But now, its gone.. Seems like 22LR ammo is getting more popular in my area. My Wally world doesnt have much rifle/pistol ammo. Just a whole bunch of shotgun. But, i live in NY. Pain in the *** to get a pistol. :)

S.S.