Ammo Supply A Little Better

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Viking, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Viking

Viking Active Member

The ammo supply here in S.W. Oregon is getting a little better, Wal-Mart and Bi-Mart seem to be ahead of the demand on some calibers. Large amounts of .223, .38, 9 mm and 40 S&W. Wal-mart even has a fair amount of 357 Sig and ocassionally .22WRM. .45 ACP ammo is still in short supply which is one of the reasons my carry weapons are .40 S&W. Too bad because I really like 1911 .45's and would have gone that route.

2. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

I have noticed ammo staying on the self longer these days also.
    I guess all of us here at FTF have stocked up. :p
    I still buy ammo, but not at the amount I use to.

3. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I'm still only finding SD ammo online and my gun range. But BiMart is really quite well-stocked. And I'm finding now that it isn't just well-stocked on their shipping day (Monday or Tuesday), but all week.

4. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I have noticed a little more ammo at my walmart here in turlock california. Local sports shops still have absolutely no primers or powders though.

5. lurkusmaximus

lurkusmaximus New Member

No relief here in southern California. Hit two Walmarts on the 23rd, and no handgun ammo. ZIP! Just shotgun shells. Admittedly that was in mighty nice 100 lots, but that was it!

6. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Ammo supply is good here in Sacramento. Componets for reloading good also. Of course some of the bullets I use for reloading I've always had to order from manufacturer.

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Geez, I'm selling ammo! I have so much 7.62x51, 5.45x39, 7.62x54r, and 8x57 I'm selling it! I have $340.00 worth getting picked up on Monday. All non reloadable of course.

8. 1hole

1hole New Member

Getting better? Well, for a few days after the most recent shipment I suppose. Then it's back to "nomal."

9. OC357

OC357 New Member

Still spotty at Wall Mart here. Depending on what you are looking for. If it is not shotgun or .22 ammo it is hit and miss. Yesterday they had 1 box of .357 sig and 2 boxes of 9mm and 40s&w. No 38/357 at all. That's all I noticed. The ammo shelves are pretty sparse there. I check about once a week. I also noticed that the gun rack was half empty. Must be that everyone got G&A for Christmas.

I havn't checked the local gun shop lately but they had full ammo shelves the last time I was there about a month ago. But that was before Christmas so I don't know. I need to go over there later this week and will check.

Just local observations around here.

OC

10. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Have not looked lately..

My "stock" of brass, primers, powder, bullets have slowly increased over the last few months, so I haven't noticed. The last I bought at Wally World was 4X 550 of Federal .22 bulk, 3 months ago....:eek::confused:

11. whirley

whirley New Member

whirley

For those of you living in central Pa. Grices Gun Shop in Clearfield Pa. just received a shipment of large rifle primers. Price with sales tax is about $37.00. They have CCI, Remington and another brand.

12. m72law

m72law New Member

37.00 a 1000 isnt to bad when some douche bags are asking closer to 50.00bucks a 1000...:mad:its such a crock that primers would go up this much after not seeing any for almost a year!...WTF gives?it just isnt cost effective anymore to reload your own ammo,unless your casting your on bullets,and that is just barely better then breaking even(IF USING GASCHECKS & FULL POWER LOADS)....so all us handloaders need to just stop buying primers all together for just 1 month...and watch the prices fall back close to where they once was a year or so ago:Dinflation is one thing but going up 30% more on primers thats highway robbery....and i wouldnt doubt that some of the ammunition companys are the cause of this...because if the people 320million+ gun owners in america are buying all these guns....why aint we selling this number in ammo X 50?....so they will just make the prices of theyre primers go up...it just aint right...well atleast thats how i see it.....BULLS**T

13. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

50 dollars for primers is pure horse dung! ive been ordering primers from midway when they have them. with shipping and other chargers it comes out to about 36 dollars for a thousand if you buy enough of them.

14. Viking

Viking Active Member

Reloading components are still in very limited supply in some of the stores that I haunt. If I travel about 60 miles north Roseburg Gun Shop generally has a good supply of powder, primers, bullets as well as some very good inexpensive bulk bullets, FMJ's and hollow points and they also had a lot of once fired brass. I just lucked out yesterday when a gunsmith friend asked me if I wanted to buy two boxes of a 1000 CCI500 primers for $20 ea. At the peak of component shortage one guy told me he was selling 1000 primers for $100 due to what he had to pay, I'm sure glad I wasn't that despirate.