Ammo Shortage Ending

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by canebrake, Sep 17, 2009.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

PAGE NINE
    The Uninvited Ombudsman Report, No. 72
    by Alan Korwin, Sep. 17, 2009

Ammo Shortage Ending

The lamestream media told you:

Nothing.

The Uninvited Ombudsman notes however that:

Ammo's back, stores are cutting their desperate orders for quantity, and manufacturers are starting to gag on excess inventory built up during the rush to supply demand, according to several sources and Miwall, the huge ammo wholesaler serving western state gun shows.

The good news -- prices are starting to drop too. "We're getting new pricing almost daily," the wholesaler says, and that's expected to continue into the holidays. Probably. WalMart reportedly had 100-round boxes of 9mm on the shelves for $19.95.

Marksmen, most of whom already have sizeable supplies, topped off until they are practically out of space, and their wives reportedly won't let them start storing the stuff in the kitchen. "None of us had a personal shortage," says one anonymous sportsman with a knowing grin, "it's just that we had a hard time replacing supplies or getting goods at cheap prices, so we went to the range less, and worried."

According to an unpublished study I did for a think tank, Americans buy between five and nine billion rounds of ammo a year, virtually none of which is used in crime (the shooting sports are the number 2 consumer sport in the nation, behind exercise and ahead of golf).

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

According to an unpublished study I did for a think tank,
    Americans buy between five and nine billion treadmills a year, virtually none of which is used for excercise :D
    [​IMG]

Seriously thats good news. Hope to pick up some .45 ammo soon

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

HUH??? Ammo prices have INCREASED here at Wal-Mart....still no .45acp's........ :confused:

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Our prices at walmart haven't changed but I called 6 different stores yesterday and none of them had anything. Dick's has it but they want $50 for 100rd WWB or $20 for 50 UMC. That is twice what walmart asks for the exact same thing.

Someone PLEASE pass the eye bleach!

5. fprefect

fprefect New Member

Shortages

I'm beginning to see signs of it even regarding primers. But some retailers are still trying to milk it for all its worth. Had one "salesman" at a retailer even try to convince me that Obama has appointed a new gun czar and that no reloading components would be available at all after this year and strongly advised me to buy at least 1000 of all primer sizes he had in stock at $50.00/1000.:rolleyes:

At the same time a local range and retailer where I do some business had several sizes of primers available at 27.95/1000 or 3.19/tray - local shooters only.

I think it was only a matter of time until manufacturers Worldwide began to crank up production to cash in, and although I was not certain if primer prices would drop from some of the ridiculously high prices, it appears now that although we may never see the prices of 2 or 3 years ago, the price of primers are likely to eventually fall to at least a more realistic level.

F. Prefect

6. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

GATEKEEPER, you really HAVE to remove that pic. in your post. Most people will not be able to keep their breakfast down after seeing that!!:eek::eek:

7. Moss99

Moss99 New Member

Geezus this thread is misleading. Here I am minding my own business when I see a thread stating that I may be able to actually buy some ammo again, I scroll down only to receive a swift Norris-esque roundhouse to the eyes in the form of what looks like a stack of old flesh-tone truck tires standing on a treadmill... Gatekeeper you dirty sumbish, you owe me 78 cents worth of Corn Flakes. Maybe i'll finish reading when i regain my vision.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  8. fprefect

fprefect New Member

Beautiful. ROFL. Maybe if you can stay away from that gawd awful image you can keep your lunch down and maybe be able to find some ammo over the weekend, which reminds me I had better go pick up my 27.95 primers as I doubt she'll hold 'em for me indefinitely.

F. Prefect

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

"...a stack of old flesh-tone truck tires..." Now that's some humor right there! [​IMG]

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Reminds me of the old "roll 'em in flour and look for the wet spot" line. :eek:

11. OC357

OC357 New Member

That Alan Corwyn guy that says "the ammo shortage is ending" is on drugs, and that "beauty" on the treadmill is on "one too many twinkies".

Oh, and my eyes hurt now.

OC

12. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I'll consider the ammo shortage over when I can once again buy bulk .22 ammo at WalMart...so far it hasn't been available for over 6 mos..

13. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

I feel your pain Mag.

Last Sat. I happened to be in a local WalMart, pricing a battery charger, thought I'd walk by the ammo counter-to get depressed-and saw a shelf full of Federal 550 Bulk Pack. I bought 4@$15.97 each. I think the limit was 6, but I wanted to leave a few of them for you RL357. Did you get them??:p:confused::D

14. OC357

OC357 New Member

And that's why we don't have any here BILLYBOB cause you hy-jacked em all before they could get here......:D We still have none here in Upstate NY....

OC

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's because that "Gun Nut" Chuckie Shoe-mir is shooting it all up while on a sugar buzz after drinking High Fructose Corn Syrup soda.

[​IMG]

Give him a call.

16. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Gate, was that necessary?

[​IMG]

:eek:

17. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Thought it was funny!

At least were on page 2 so ya dont have to scroll past it.
    Unless you all want me to repost so you dont have to keep going back??:D:eek:

18. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

You really know how to piss a person off!:D And Federal 550 Value Paks are what I've been waiting for for over 6 months! A month ago they had those crappy Remington Yellow Jackets. I bought a brick just for the hell of it, knowing that half of them will end up being "squib" loads!

Every time I walk past the Sporting Goods counter in WalMart I get depressed...the guy behind the counter in Sporting Goods hates seeing me...and the feeling is mutual..
    $15.97 is quite a bit more than they used to sell for.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  19. OC357

OC357 New Member

He is in NYC and does not have anything to do with Upstate....thank Gawd..

OC

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

He's a pimple on the *** of this country! You don't think he has anything to do with you??

[​IMG]

Best reason I've found for retroactive abortion*. And I don't believe in abortion!

* 2,950 ft/s lobotomy