Ammo Seller To Vegas Shooter Sentenced

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by alsaqr, Jul 2, 2020.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Douglas Haig has been sentenced to 13 months in federal prison for manufacturing ammunition without a license. Folks who are caught manufacturing ammunition without a license, first offense, normally receive a slap on the wrist.

Armor piercing ammunition was found at the crime scene in Las Vegas. It was traced to Mr. Haig. Given a chance to fess up, Haig lied to the BATFE: Wrong answer. Haig's finger prints were found on the ammunition. A federal grand jury indicted Haig, who later copped a plea to manufacturing ammunition without a license.

Haig had illegally sold his manufactured ammunition in numerous locations at gun shows for about 25 years. He was in the process of automating his manufacture of ammunition.

Why in hades would an aerospace engineer manufacture and sell ammunition without a license? IMO: It was a deliberate act of arrogance.

Now Haig won't be able to legally own a firearm. His nice career is probably over.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...me-for-selling-ammo-to-oct-1-shooter-2065133/

ellis36 and W.T. Sherman like this.
  2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Some folks are just stupid. Add in a bit of arrogance, and it's a bad combo.

jackrich3, alsaqr, ellis36 and 2 others like this.

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

We need men like Haig to help us push back against Federal infringements.

It's a shame he got caught up in this tragedy but I will not join the pile-on train, and especially we need to push back agaisnt the lefts attempts to weaponize this event agaisnt freedom.

We NEED as many as possible to manufacture ammo unbeknownst to any govt entity (ie w/o a "license"), it is none of their business who make ammo and anyone has the right to sell the fruit of their labors.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Shopfox, Txhillbilly, TimKS and 2 others like this.
  4. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

The arrogance is present on the part of Gov that passed and enforced laws they have no authority to pass.

Bluez hit the nail on the head. We need guys like Haig if we are to remain even a semi free nation.

5. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Hm.

So, what ... reloaders are all criminals,, in that state?

Ghost1958 likes this.
  6. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Some are quick to condemn law breakers, and you are supporting them. Do you just pick the laws you like and disregard the others. Some out demonstrating and blocking roads etc, would argue its their right to push back against Federal infringements on the rights, on freedom of assembly etc. It was illegal he got caught, and now he is rightly paying the price.

locutus and W.T. Sherman like this.
  7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Selling reloaded ammo without a license is the problem.

Missouribound, buckhuntr and locutus like this.
  8. Ghost1958

No he is being punished at the point of a gun , by a gov using laws it had no authority to create.

As far as demonstrators I'm the first to support push back against infringement of freedom to assembly , RTKABA etc.

But unlike the making of arms and ammo for those arms there is no constitutional right to burn , loot , and plunder .

Gatoragn and bluez like this.
  9. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Folks have been after me to sell them 9mm ammo. I tell them im not insured if something goes wrong. And i do not have the proper license to sell reloads. Then if they don't shut up i show them my kaboom casing. That usually stops the convo.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  10. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

It's easy which "laws to pick".o_O

You see in the United Stated we dont have the concept of the "General Assembly".
    We only have "Specified Assemblies" that are only authorized to pass laws on subjects which the constitution specifies..

Human nature being what it is, often our specified assemblies will attempt to pass laws they have no authority to pass.:rolleyes:
    Those laws that violate the common sense language found in the Constitution and Bill of Right are null and void.

A great many Americans hold this view... though predictably not many politicians do.;)

I will take it even one step further.:D

So it follows the sponsorship of such laws, the writing of such laws, and the enforcing of such laws and the agitating for such laws, constitute as a minimum conspiracy to deny us of our civil rights.
    A felony.

Worst case however they constitute, sedition/treason and anyone engaging in these acts ought to be subject to arrest, trial and (if convicted) execution.
    This is why the gallows, are also often also know as a Gov't repair kit.

Perhaps one beautiful day we will have We-the-People Tribunals to re-establish the actual rule of the actual supreme law of the land,.. judging the traitors, their enablers and their collaborators...
    Plenty of rope in this country for everyone involved.

TimKS and Ghost1958 like this.
  11. manta

Yes and people can make that point by disobeying the law, but they have to be willing to pay the price if they get caught. I doubt he was doing it to stand up for the Constitution, more to make money i would suggest.

12. manta

Same answer. Yes and people can make that point by disobeying the law, but they have to be willing to pay the price if they get caught. No point crying about it, after making that decisions.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  13. manta

You do have them, they are called courts of law. Or do you prefer the days of lynch mobs and kangaroo courts.

14. Gatoragn

Jury nullification (US), jury equity (UK), or a perverse verdict (UK) generally occurs when members of a criminal trial jury believe that a defendant is guilty, but choose to acquit the defendant anyway because the jurors also believe that the law itself is unjust, that the prosecutorhas misapplied the law in the defendant's case, or that the potential punishment for breaking the law is too harsh

JTJ, sheriffjohn and bluez like this.
  15. manta

Its not perfect but better that lynch mobs and kangaroo courts. If you know a perfect system let me know.

alsaqr likes this.
  16. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

oh his career IS definitely over, and he'll probably end up broke and penniless living on the streets when all those civil lawsuits will be filed against him from the survivors and family of those killed, that's the other shoe that is going to be dropped

[​IMG]

alsaqr likes this.
  17. Gatoragn

The USA existed for 196 years without the BATFE.

Manufacturing of ammunition without a federal license occurred until the GCA act of 1968.

There is no requirement in the COTUS to license ammo nor to have an extra government agency to enforce gun laws that the COTUS says should not exist, that is something liberal, progressive politicians pulled out of their asses.

18. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The BATFE occasionally catches folks manufacturing ammunition without a license. They are let go with a warning.

After BATFE agents identified Haig by his fingerprints he was asked if he had manufactured the ammunition. He lied. The BATFE searched his home and matched tool marks on the ammunition to the reloading machines. Faced with a jury trial and 5-10 years in prison, Haig fessed up.

A refusal to fess up when given the chance cost Haig his freedom, gun rights and career. i'll cry no tears for Haig.

19. Ghost1958

Most of our courts today are kangaroo courts upholding what they KNOW are unconstitutional laws.
    Those laws are only able to be enforced by paid mercenaries violating their oath at the point of a gun.

God willing it will not always remain so.

bluez likes this.
  20. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member