ammo question

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Subcomp9, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

What does everyone think about tul ammo

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Dirty, low powered, not superb in accuracy.

Cheap, fairly reliable.

3. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

cheap and reliable is the key to those words. not for self defense but if your gun will eat it, feed it. my beretta px4 hates that stuff, my glock and springfield have not problem with it.

4. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

I'm in the dark as usual;)

What is it and where is it made? Steel or brass cases?

5. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

If it shoots in your gun.....use it.

6. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Its one of the cheaper ammo groups out there, tulammo is made up of a steel case berdan prime and standard lower grain fmj rounds. Theyre russian i believe id have to look at one of my boxes

7. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

8. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

I'm only using them as practice rounds but when I got home with them I opened the box and wasn't to sure about them

9. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

My kel tecs don't like them never used them on any thing else..I pass on them

10. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Funny that this thread just posted

I picked up two boxes of 50 230gr FMJ .45 ACP since WallyWorld did not have the WWB

About $15 bucks a box, it was worth a try.
    I did not have a chance to try accuracy on paper, but the plinking accuracy was acceptable. Pop cans at 30 yards were challenging with a satisfying number of hits.

I would agree that they are a bit dirty, might even caused the return of the dirty extractor!

I don't see that these TulAmmo would hurt the kimber, and might recommend them to visiting shooters, if the WWB is not avail.

11. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

Casings feel gritty

12. Xd9Tommygunz

Xd9Tommygunz New Member

Tulammo are cheap metallic cartridges, I know my xd wcan run em but I wouldn't put anything but brass through it, that is of course my opinion

13. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

Yea I shot the box yesturday at the range and the guy said as long as I clean it really good or shouldn't be a problem but I won't buy another box

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Kind of a crap shoot whether it'll run well in any given gun. Many guns are going to gobble it down just fine with no major side effects.

It's only about $1-2 cheaper per box than brass cased FMJs, so I'll probably never go down that path. Some folks are happy to save that $1 and find it performs well for them.

It's all about individual preferences.

15. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I shoot TulAmmo in all my guns and have no problems with them.

16. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

I stay away from steel case ammo. My understanding is that it can be hard on extractors. Plus it is dirty to shoot. For a couple bucks more I'll stick with brass cases. That makes pretty cheap reloading brass.....

17. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

all the guy said at the range when I showed him the box was dirty dirty dirty!! !!!!