Ammo Problems????

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by berettathis92, Mar 9, 2013.

1. berettathis92

berettathis92 New Member

Went to walmart, basspro, cabelas, and a bunch of gun stores and no ammo for .357, 9mm, or .380. Been searching for 2 and a half months.

2. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

thats because the people that work at Cabela's, Walmart, Bass-pro are pulling the ammo off the line to resell for a profit.

3. berettathis92

berettathis92 New Member

Some said that they got taken by homeland security.

4. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Some are nuts!! Trust me they don't have to leverage Wal-Mart they do have first priority!

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Sportsman's Warehouse had a massive shipment of boxes, description below:

100 round CCI .22LR 40 gr.
    50 rounds or 1000 rounds (bulk) 9mm Federal 115 gr.
    200 rounds 223 Remington UMC
    20 rounds of AE Tactical 223
    20 rounds of Remington 223
    50 rounds of American Eagle .38 Special
    50 rounds of 40 Caliber

36 AR-15 Platforms

Estimated 1000 plus lined up.

I did pick up some ammo, 9mm 1000 rounds is heavy. Price - $227.00

6. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

It's just all part of the ongoing freakout paranoia. It will hopefully end soon, if not. we're all screwed.

7. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I have everything needed to load some obsolete ammo except large rifle primers. Just want to load 60 lousy rounds and can't even find 60 primers. I'd buy a hundred, or more if I could find them, but they've been abducted by aliens and taken to Area 51. I hate those little bastards from outer space!:mad:

8. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Not sure where you are located but I have seen all of that around here in the last couple weeks.

9. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

Well there isn't sh!t here in middle TN. I am in FL this week and if I see any I am buying!

10. rockratt

Thats the way it was around here for a couple months but Cabelas had a good supply of everything except 223 & 22lr the last time I was there.

11. cottontop

cottontop Guest

primers

Where do you live? Our LGS has lots of them. I just bought 1000 last week.
    ct

12. astroman

rockratt - yeah, its real scarce here - was at a bunch of places on Friday morning looking - nothing yet... looking for .22lr, 9mm, and .556 or .223.

cottontop- was at Old Town last night checking out the car show - always enjoy that when I am down here - any LGS close to Leesburg you can recommend for me to visit? We will be here all week.... thx!

13. cottontop

cottontop Guest

astroman, I rarely get that far north. I am in Polk County. The best GS going in this part of the state (one of Polk County's best kept secrets) is Mc's Gunsmithing in Ft. Meade. That is quite a ways from Leesburg.
    ct

14. astroman

thanks for the info cottontop - we used to cut thru there on our way from Ft Myers up to Orlando area...

15. rockratt

Astroman, It is still scarce around here but not like it was. There was a gun show in Mt. Home AR and a guy I work with said somone was selling 223 ammo for 15.00 a bag (handloads) for a bag of 20. There is a LGS here that has about anything a man could want but he has always been a little high but the last time I went in he charged me 35.00 for 1 lb of titegroup:eek:.Thats almost double what it normally cost. Thats when I decided I am setting in descent shape on about everything and I would wait for this BS to blow over unless I ran across it for a descent price.

16. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I'm in the fascist state of El Douche NY. I've even searched the internet and all are out of stock. Local gun shops are stripped clean except for their salesmen's skivvies. My friend does the reloading and I'm trying get a batch of 10.35x47R for my Vetterli. This is just nuts!:confused: