Ammo pic

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by fortinsj, Mar 26, 2013.

1. fortinsj

fortinsj New Member

Anybody have a huge ammo stockpile they wouldn't mind sharing a pic of. Someone out there has to be sitting on something huge

2. cottontop

cottontop Guest

People hoarding ammo, and there is really no reason for it, is the problem. If I was hoarding it, I would be too embarrased to admit it.
    ct

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I don't have a camera to take panoramic photos. And I don't want to have to dig up the backyard to get all the ammo cans together. So no photos.

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

How much ammo do you consider to be a reasonable amount to keep on hand?

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

One man's hoard is another man's rainy day supply...and baby it's pouring. What's there to be embarrassed about, being prepared? I tried to buy 500-1000 rounds a month for the past several years and now that it's not available at reasonable prices I don't have to scramble to pay 3x the price.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

ammo 2.jpg

This is the rimfire bunker. The Revolver bunker and Pistol bunker are to the left, the Shotgun bunker beyond, and the Rifle bunkers on the right.

Say, anyone seen a good price on a used forklift?

:p

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

And that's just the range ammo...the good stuff is in an undisclosed location.

8. fortinsj

fortinsj New Member

People having a good supply of their own ammo is nothing to be embarrassed about. What's wrong with buying a few boxes here and there when you see a good deal, which eventually leads to a nice sized ammo collection. I'm not talking about waiting at the doors of Walmart so you could buy up everything they just put on the shelves. This thread was about acquired ammo over time

9. sc00ts

sc00ts New Member

Well said. I'm embarrassed I didn't make building a decent stockpile more of a priority. Secondly, I'm pissed that I won't be going to the range for a while.

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Why is it that whenever some commodity predictably comes into temporary short supply, the people who had the foresight to stock up enough beforehand to carry them through the lean times are always accused of being "hoarders.??"

I guess if you have a savings account, you're a dirty low down "money hoarder."

I'd rather be called a "hoarder" than to be called "stupid."

11. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Here is 9000 rounds of 22LR that I have.:p

[​IMG]

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

thats enough. now you have no worry of running out and can shoot some up

13. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

this feeds 2 to 5 shooters for an entire season. most are reloads

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      31.7 KB
      Views:
  14. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I hope it will last until this ammo drought ends.

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

This has since had roughly another 2600 rds of 9mm and .45 acp combined added to it since the picture :D
    Yes its jammed clear full

[​IMG]

16. PGM

PGM New Member

Ive been hoarding since clinton reno.I expect to have my grave backfilled with brass,powder and bullets.I am in a position to share,but where i live sucks!