Ammo Limitations for my new M&P 9mmC

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by KellyS, Apr 27, 2009.

1. KellyS

KellyS New Member

I just bought a new S&W M&P 9mmC. It will be a much easier gun to conceal than my full size M&P. At the same time I picked up a bunch of Speer Gold Dot 9mm +P ammo.

I don't expect any problems using it in my full sze gun. Should I be at all concerned firing these hotter loads out of the compact gun?

If you could make any responses in "kitchen table English" I would appreciate it. Not very technologically educated on this topic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

NO Problem at all. Good choice..enjoy !

3. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

It'll work fine... You can't go wrong with S&W-M&P.

4. WDB

WDB New Member

I have shot about 300 +p rounds in my M&P compact 9mm and not had a issue. Most of the time I shoot standard 9mm rounds as they are easier to find and cost less. I have about 2000 rounds through mine in about a year and no isses, you will enjoy the pistol. My full size M&P is a 45 two years old with almost 5000 rounds through it with out an issue. I carry the full size more often but I also live in the PNW were it's easy to cover up must of the time.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

When in doubt, call the manufacturer. What they say will speak volumes about your weapon choice and them as the producer. Ask for a name, write down the date and what the answer given was and staple it to your receipt. (just in case the question "Why did you shoot +P ammo?" comes up in the future.) [​IMG]