Firearms Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 360 of 406 Posts
Does anybody know what ammunition went for during the Argentinian economic collapse? Was it used as a barter item?

I feel for you guys, but it was easy to buy 500, 1000 rounds for years when funds allowed. I was out yesterday and fired 200 rounds of .223, and 150 9x19. Bought a case of 1000 .223 some years ago, needed more brass to reload.;)
Call it hoarding if you like, but this is the 3rd time this has happened in the last 20 years. Don't get upset w/ guys like me that have always had 10,000 rounds of loaded ammo and components for another 10,000. All I did when Obama stated he wanted Gun control was to inventory what I had. Sold an AK74 w/ 2400 rounds of ammo and 10 extra mags. Any serious shooter I know always keeps a large stock. If you are a casual shooter that did not plan ahead, whos fault is that, not mine, not the people that were prepared. It's yours.

Even Obama Can't Repeal...

I read a post on another board that supposedly there are like 150 "pages" of ammo on G'Broker.

If true, I doubt there is an ammo shortage - more like whoreding and profiteering. If your lifestyle allows you to hit multiple wallyworlds all day long, you can try and make some coin too.
...the law of supply and demand!

Prices go up, ammo gets made and goes out. I sold off some extra stuff I had last time, less-common calibers, at more than "gun show bargain bin" prices all cheapskates want to pay but still fair and decent.

Only the seller's market made me take it out of the closet -- made it worth my while. That's going on now too. I could probably sell half my stuff for what it all cost and still never miss it I suppose because I planned. No, invested! And the whiners didn't. "WalMart will always have plenty of ammo and the Party of the Left isn't doing ANYTHING against our guns and ammo rights." Dolts!

My few buyers were SO happy to get the little I sold! I even BOUGHT two boxes of 9mm Police/9x18 Ultra at a gun show at a good price just to add to my own boxes I had no use for. Odd? I knew the quantity would compel somebody and the lawyer who bought them out West was glad and lucky he found me for one-stop-shopping of 350 rounds of this actually superior quality stuff with low relative shipping for so much to feed his rare Walther while some other yahoo was trying to negotiate a pre-run price for the original five behind the scenes by PM. The first was smart and the latter was a creep who was let down big time when he saw even more sold out from under him.

No-one is going to get robbed but for a few bucks cheapskates stand on some principle, lose, and I'm glad of it. "I'll pay $0.03 for a primer but never $0.035!" Simpletons... who shake their fist and blame everything on everybody else and attack them.

Why not? Maybe because it's better to do well with your customers than try to rob them whenever the opportunity presents itself. The smart businessman treats his customers right so they'll come back again.

People remember who wrongs them, and one day this guy may be hurting, or in need, and there'll be no one to help him because he took advantage of everyone.
When the shop can only sell two boxes where they used to sell 10 they still need to make payroll and rent. Sorry. They COULD go out of business just for you, and you'd take them in, remembering how good they were to you, right?

Cheapskates remember NOTHING. When CTD is $0.01/round cheaper than a great place like AIM they'll go right back to those thieving gypsies! Can I prove it? Sure -- CDT is STILL in business after the last run!!!

When the shop can only sell two boxes where they used to sell 10 they still need to make payroll and rent. Sorry. They COULD go out of business just for you, and you'd take them in, remembering how good they were to you, right?

Cheapskates remember NOTHING. When CTD is $0.01/round cheaper than a great place like AIM they'll go right back to those thieving gypsies! Can I prove it? Sure -- CDT is STILL in business after the last run!!!
CTD are the worst when it comes to r@ping the customer. They will sit on ammo and then list it at inflated prices. The shops here have lines every morning so they can get 3 boxes. The people that show up at noon are SOL as they are sold out.

I have no problem with someone who has a good supply of ammo at home. My problem is with the inconsiderate ******* like the one I ran into 3 months ago at a gander mtn in Valdosta ,ga that bought all 3000 rounds of 5.56 and cleaned um out. And has no respect for his fellow man trying to buy ammo him self. I'm actually glad most places have a limit on quantity now.

I have no problem with someone who has a good supply of ammo at home. My problem is with the inconsiderate ******* like the one I ran into 3 months ago at a gander mtn in Valdosta ,ga that bought all 3000 rounds of 5.56 and cleaned um out. And has no respect for his fellow man trying to buy ammo him self. I'm actually glad most places have a limit on quantity now.
But..but..but I need at least 1000 rounds for my bug-out-bag!!! ....for the hordes that will be a' comin' for food and to rape & pillage!!! :rolleyes:

Its a bummer man. I can't be waiting at the gun store in line on delivery day. So going around after work only to find .243 and 12g is a kick to the nuts. I Just wanna shoot!! The only ammo I do have I'm saving for an emergency

5Five6 said:
Its a bummer man. I can't be waiting at the gun store in line on delivery day. So going around after work only to find .243 and 12g is a kick to the nuts. I Just wanna shoot!! The only ammo I do have I'm saving for an emergency
I feel ya a lot of us are in the same boat. I'm just buying ammo to replace what I shoot

The greedy will always find an excuse for taking advantage of others.

Some actually think the ammo shortage is because whiners weren't prepared, and I guess when stores run out of ammo it was the consumers's fault and not because the store didn't plan ahead and have 50,000 extra rounds per caliber on hand?

Tit for tat is a child's game. The truth is there was no way to know this was going to happen so fast, and we're all in this together. Well, all of us are except for those who think it's okay to take advantage of others when the chips are down. You can bet your azz I won't be taking in anyone like that if the SHTF. If you'd casually burn me now you'd probably try to steal my food later.

The greedy will always find an excuse for taking advantage of others.

Some actually think the ammo shortage is because whiners weren't prepared, and I guess when stores run out of ammo it was the consumers's fault and not because the store didn't plan ahead and have 50,000 extra rounds per caliber on hand?

Tit for tat is a child's game. The truth is there was no way to know this was going to happen so fast, and we're all in this together. Well, all of us are except for those who think it's okay to take advantage of others when the chips are down. You can bet your azz I won't be taking in anyone like that if the SHTF. If you'd casually burn me now you'd probably try to steal my food later.
Then why did so very many of us know????
Why did so many start stockpiling after the AWB back in 1994????

The signs were actually pretty obvious to anyone who was looking for them.

I don't understand people's freeking out over ammo anyway. Guns I get and I'm with ya. You wanna buy so if a ban gets passed the weapons grandfathered in. But ammo? There not trying to "ban" ammo. There are some bills that want to restrict online sales or have you pick ur order in person from a LGS. Some want to add a tax on ammo. None of that is a BAN. it's a inconvenience. If the AWS passed yesterday. Your still goina be able to buy ammo tomorrow , next week and next year! We're our own worst enemy!!

I don't understand people's freeking out over ammo anyway. Guns I get and I'm with ya. You wanna buy so if a ban gets passed the weapons grandfathered in. But ammo? There not trying to "ban" ammo. There are some bills that want to restrict online sales or have you pick ur order in person from a LGS. Some want to add a tax on ammo. None of that is a BAN. it's a inconvenience. If the AWS passed yesterday. Your still goina be able to buy ammo tomorrow , next week and next year! We're our own worst enemy!!

Because..
DHS, FBI, TSA, KKK, Obama coming for our blah blah blah... Doomsday Preppers playing in marathons on cable... DAMN LIBERALS !!!... tyranny happening right in front of us!! WAKE UP !!!... DRONES!!!... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:... Okay, I'll stop. Even I'm getting sick of my sarcastic tone.

Because..
DHS, FBI, TSA, KKK, Obama coming for our blah blah blah... Doomsday Preppers playing in marathons on cable... DAMN LIBERALS !!!... tyranny happening right in front of us!! WAKE UP !!!... DRONES!!!... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:... Okay, I'll stop. Even I'm getting sick of my sarcastic tone.

:p:p And don't forget the Koreans and the Chinese!:D

Or the CIA getting into our computers!:eek::eek:

CTD are the worst when it comes to r@ping the customer. They will sit on ammo and then list it at inflated prices. The shops here have lines every morning so they can get 3 boxes. The people that show up at noon are SOL as they are sold out.
I will never shop at ctd at first they were ok but they have ridiculous shipping prices. Never ever ever will I give them any money even if somewhere else is pricier...

341 - 360 of 406 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.