Ammo & Glock 22

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by nate913, May 12, 2013.

1. nate913

nate913 New Member

What is good ammo to use in the Glock 22. I mainly go to Walmart to get my ammo, what's the best of there brands. Is there any that I want to stay away from. I never by steel case like Tula.
    For instance, I have Remington UMC 180 grain JHP. Is that brand good?

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

My 19 absolutely hates UMC, won't run it for crap. But if yours will run it that's fine. There isnt anything to avoid really as far as target ammo. I will say that I wouldn't use UMC for defense, JHPs or not. They are a target load. I find them to be weaker than even WWB or Federal champion.

I buy 99% of my ammo at Walmart also, but for the defensive stuff I go to whoever has the best.

I like Speer Gold Dot +P and Winchester Ranger +P+ myself, but there are many other good brands.

Last edited: May 12, 2013

3. nate913

nate913 New Member

Ok, I haven't shot the UMC yet, heck, haven't even shot the glock yet. I needed some ammo for it so I traded someone on Facebook for the UMC!!

4. danolator

danolator New Member

I have run almost anything you can think of including reloads and various non-brass casings. My Glock 22 eats everything.

5. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I use Federal 180 gr Hydra-Shoks for defensive ammo and about any 180 gr FMJ for practice, in particular I've run a lot of Sellier and Bellot ammo over the years.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Anything other than cast lead.

7. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

My G22 will eat anything I feed it and never burbs! I don't feed it steel, but brass an aluminum are fine. Nothing I give it will make it jam or fail to feed or eject. I wish my 1911 would act like that.

8. Mario

Mario New Member

I have a Glock 23 and had a Glock 22. They both have always fed anything that I put in them without any problems.