Ammo for FTF Members

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by TekGreg, Aug 8, 2013.

1. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It seems that our members are still hurting for ammo at different levels. Some have access to ammo, some can't find even a few boxes and some live too far away to be able to hunt store after store. I have access to ammo in limited quantities and would be willing to ship to those that are in truly dire straits.

This is NOT a business transaction between me and the members! I'm simply willing to pick it up and throw it in a UPS box. My supplier has boxed stuff (Winchester Lawman, Fiocci, Glaser PowerBall, etc) and new manufactured (Winchester brass) ammo that is Mylar bagged. He does have .22 LR, 36-grain Remington in limited quantities. Credit card payments accepted.

Most of the boxed stuff runs $20-30 for a box of 50. 22LR is around $8/100. If anyone is interested, please PM me. It won't be Wally World prices, but it won't gouge into your house payment, either! This is just a member favor to anyone strangled for ammo until normalcy returns. If I can help out, let me know. :)

I go shopping Saturday morning, so let me know before then to get it as soon as possible.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Be careful where and how you ship ammo.

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Good Idea Greg!

lets help out those in dire straits! :)

4. TekGreg

I hear ya! And thanks for the warning. Like I said, this isn't gonna be long term, just to relieve some forum members.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's very cool of you. I'd hate to see it bite you in the a$$.

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

Interesting idea. I actually thought about doing that for someone a few weeks ago. He posted about how he can never find... I forget the caliber. Something with "Jap" in it. 6.5 Jap? Anyway, I had seen it at my LGS a few days before his post. I mentioned it to him and he never said anything.

Do you plan on them paying for the shipping cost as well? That wasn't clear to me in your post. If not, you might wanna put a weight limit on it so you aren't eating too much in shipping costs.

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

You'll have to make sure it ships as ammo and pay the fees accordingly.

On a similar note I made a pretty good order at powder valley for 9mm and 45 slugs. I don't know if anyone has used them before but they have components priced pretty well (for today pricing) and have some inventory. It looks to be a little scant but they had my order shipped in just over a week and one of my friends ordered at the same time. I got 3K 9mm slugs and 1.5K of 45.They are a little weird about not telling you what shipping was until they email the invoice but it was not too bad. 14.00 for a 52 lb delivery of slugs. ;)

8. TekGreg

Yup, they pay for ammo and shipping cost, I charge nothing to do it. With any luck, I'll just get the ammo supplier to do the work, but if he won't or can't then ill take responsibility.

People shouldn't have to pay rediculous prices and have to hunt through dozens of stores and Internet sites just to stoke a gun.

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Some states forbid certain types of ammunition (hollow point, for example.) Don't get yourself into trouble.

10. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

I knew you were a great guy tekgreg :)

11. TekGreg

Don't tell me that! You'll blow my humility and I won't be able to be sainted. :eek: :rolleyes:

12. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

We still can't get .22lr, 9mm or .45 acp around here, I'm short, but I'm far from being in dire straits. Great idea Greg glad to see someone helping those that are.