Ammo Deals

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by right winger, Sep 29, 2008.

1. right winger

right winger New Member

2. MAD King

MAD King New Member

That is what I was looking for. Thanx

3. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I'll be making a trip to Cabela's shortly :) Thanks!

4. Angrypoonani

Angrypoonani New Member

If you want good deals on ammo, the cheapest I've been able to find is walmart of all places! Because it's so cheap it goes fast so catching your ammo in stock is sometimes difficult, but whenever you are in wally world picking up some milk or whatever check the sporting goods ammo case.

You can get 250 rounds of .40 for about $67 (plus tax) if you buy the case, but it's actually cheaper to buy them in separate 50 round boxes for $12 each... kinda strange. I had one of the cashiers ring up 5 boxes versus one case (I'm always looking for the best deal) and the 5 boxes were cheaper (same amount of ammo) however I do believe they have a 4 box limit per customer so bring a friend or chat the sporting goods guy up. I get away with purchasing more than 5 boxes every so often.

I think the ammo is called "Blazur Brass"

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know New Member

I cant believe what I've just saw on the net. Cheaper that dirt selling 7.62 X 39, 20 per bx, Wolf for $17 pe box! WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON!

6. ScottG

ScottG New Member

cheaper than dirt, ain't....

7. Calvin534

Calvin534 New Member

Dick Sporting Goods has a sale this week on 9mm, buy 10 boxes and the price is 11.98/per or about .23 a round. I am headed back this afternoon to stock up.

8. Calvin534

Calvin534 New Member

Dick Sporting Goods has a sale this week on 9mm, buy 10 boxes and the price is 11.98/per or about .23 a round. I am headed back this afternoon to stock up.

9. maksim

maksim New Member

still good this new week?

10. Angrypoonani

Angrypoonani New Member

I was doing errands today and I found Monarch steel 9mm ammo at academy for $8.99/50.
    $0.17 a rnd aint bad nowadays.

'Course I don't know how it'll shoot through my S&W M&P .40 with a 9mm conversion barrel in it. I cycled about 40 rnds manually through the gun and everything seems ok.

If it fires well then I'll go back for more.

11. Calvin534

Calvin534 New Member

Maksim- sorry for the delayed response, been traveling. I just noticed that Dick's has the UMC 9mm on sale for 11.98/bx of 50. You will need to get 10 boxes for that price and if you have a citipass book you can get another $10 off the case.

12. m72law

m72law New Member

well...

all i can say is as of now,im so glad i bought and have the ammo i have...

it is crazy that ammo has skyrocketed (like everything else) in the past few years...

flashback to 5 years ago...i remember going to basspro to pick up some primers(1000cci's sp,lp,sr,lr) 9.95+tax....well as i was walking down to the counter to pay for the primers there they had a wall of winchester fmj 20rds a box for 2.99...i bought 100.00bucks worth...600rds.now the cheapest i can find them for that many rounds is about 3times that much...WTF?...just like the old saying goes....THOSE WHERE THE GOOD'OL DAYS...they're gone for good!...

sayonara, GOOD'OL DAYS

13. stick_man

stick_man New Member

.40 s&w

I picked up a couple (50-rd) boxes of .40S&W Blazer Brass today at Wally's for $12.47ea. They had about 10 more boxes of it, but I didn't want to feed the panic so I left a few for the next guy to ask for some.

14. ChuckMc1

ChuckMc1 New Member

Man it is hit and miss everywhere these days. I have been looking for 9mm for about a month and then finally I found some at a gun shop the other day, and I saw about 5 cases, but it was all 147gr flat point for $13.99 a box (50) I was looking for 115gr RN. I thought about buying a case but figured I could find some RN since this guy had several cases, right? Well, I bought 5 boxes and remember the guy boasting about how they were not gouging anyone. Well, I mentioned this to a friend and he asked me to go back the next day and get him a few boxes. They had raised the price to $16.99 a box! I didn't buy any because it just pissed me off. But, I have still not found any reasonably priced 9mm and what I did find at another gun store was $22 a box.... but it was 115gr RN... LOL I couldn't bring myself to buy it!
    I am really going to regret it if this "craze" continues much longer.

15. thebiggie32

thebiggie32 New Member

I had read everyone's posts about how hard it is to find but hadn't had the problem. But last weekend I went to Wally World and they didn't have anything but shotgun shells and 357. THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE .22. I couldn't believe it. I had my folks bring some to me from their area since they were coming anyway. Gotta love it when Mom and Dad bring ya ammo.

16. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

IF you buy by the 1,000rd case here is a pretty good deal from ProLoad Distributors Pro Load Distributors Prices include shipping !

17. m72law

m72law New Member

i dont understand it...is ammo selling out this fast?

i just got a new sportmansguide catalog in the mail today...and it says they have 1000rds of wolf FMJ for 225.00....not good but not to bad...:/

but when i go to the website...90% of the ammo they have is back ordered..?

come on now people...lets not panic over nothing...

i'm sure the alphabet boys have better things to do right now...?

wish i wouldnt have sold that 3k rds of wolf for 250.00bucks last year to help get this m-14....:/...i'd rather have a redrider BBgun with BB's ... instead of a xm134minigun with no BB's.:)...just in case if them ABC boys come a knocking...

18. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

The terms of sale indicate they want a photocopy of your drivers license in accordance with Federeal Law. Can anyone validate that? I've never had to do that with Cheaper than Dirt or any other online ammunitions buy!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  19. m72law

m72law New Member

only other mail order ammo dist i've heard of like that is AIM....

most other places that i know of dont need any D.L.'s copy on file...looks like that is changing fast tho.....like obama laddan said(time for a change)...time to start reloading our own!....just my 1/2 cent worth?

20. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Academy Sports still had reasonable prices.