Ammo Deals

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ccooper1970, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ccooper1970

ccooper1970 New Member

If you didn't see my last post, this is a follow up. If you buy bulk ammo, you should check out LuckyGunner.com!!!! They have great deals and even better service. I order all my ammo there (45 acp, 9mm, 5.56 NATO) and have been pleased every time. There delivery is faster than any other (1-2 days to doorstep) and they have a real time inventory system. If you see it, it's IN STOCK and ready to ship. You should check them out!!! LUCKYGUNNER.COM

2. ammohoe

ammohoe New Member

3. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

4. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

Check with your reload supplier, they may be willing to load new brass for you. It's the only used part of a reload anyway.

5. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

He does do custom requests for a lack of a better word. His 9,40 and 45 cals shoot fine, with no issues, but I haven't been overly thrilled with his .380.

I just ordered some new .380, but I did bookmark the above site to keep in mind.

6. Kabraxis

Kabraxis New Member

general 9mm fmj is the same prices i can get in the store. however the hornadys xtp are a few bucks cheaper. add in shipping i am almost doubling the price per box. maybe if i was buying bulk sure this might work. but for just 2 maybe 3 boxes, im not saving money. and then i have to wait for them to ship.

7. ammohoe

ammohoe New Member

I dont shoot the new stuff much as I teach a handgun class every Friday night, so I shhot cheap. Some of my students shoot the new and I cant really see a difference.

8. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

9. 96740

96740 New Member

Perfect thread, I was just about to start one asking what the recommended on-line sites were for buying ammo. I've heard a few negative things about Cheaper Than Dirt... :confused:

10. MPsteelshooter87

MPsteelshooter87 New Member

I cant find anything on these sites about hazmat charges or any shipping. How bad are those rates rising the price?

11. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

I've purchased from Lucky Gunner quite a few times. Excellent, fast service. And they stand behind their goods. They sell a brand of loose packed bulk ammo From Military Ballistic Industries. It's remanufactured, and really cheap. I bought a bag of 9mm. It turned out to be crap. The cases were dirty and corroded. Some were split open, or had dents. Horrible quality. I complained to Lucky Gunner and they refunded my money. Didn't even ask for the stuff back.

As to Cheaper Than Dirt, my experience with them has also been good. Fast service. Reasonable shipping charges. The main complaint a lot of people have with them is that the during the ammo shortages in the period following Obama's election, they did some price gouging. Charging inflated prices for ammo. Some have called for a boycott of the company because of it.