ammo cost

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by trevor_atkinson, Dec 31, 2012.

1. trevor_atkinson

trevor_atkinson New Member

wheredo you guys go to get cheap but reliable ammo???

2. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Walmart has good prices on ammo. The ammo is usually Winchester, Remington and Federal. It is not their premium stuff but still very reliable.

3. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I usually get mine online at Sportsman's guide, AIM Surplus or Classic Firearms.

4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Found a local commercial reloader.

going to start reloading myself soon.

5. johndeere

johndeere New Member

Ablesammo online

6. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Freedom munitions.com

7. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I can reload top quality for a low price. When I buy online its either midwayusa, ammo to go or anywhere else I can catch a sale. Walmart is always a good place to check.

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I'm not buying anything right now. Seems that prices have been going up a bit.

I also reload.

9. CaliRaised

CaliRaised New Member

I use bulkammo.com. They usually have good prices for handgun ammo. They are pretty much out of 9mm for now.

10. Patrick Sperry

Patrick Sperry New Member

All of the above comments are good. But, if you want really good ammunition you will have to start rolling your own. Not to mention that once you learn even the basics your ammunition will be a lot less costly than buying it somewhere, anywhere else!

11. Sport45

Sport45 New Member

I get free ammo from my garage.

My reloading habit can get expensive when it comes time to stock up...

12. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

I'm going to purchase a dillon 650 today and slowly build a setup and start reloading. Lucky for me there is a huge metro police presence and I can get locally once fired brass in large quantities if I really start liking reloading. Worse case I reload the 600-1000 rounds a month I shoot on my days off. Best case I start a reloading business on my spare time?

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Don't you have to be licensed or something to manufacture ammunition for sale?

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

You need a commercial reloading FFL, and DAMN GOOD LIABILITY INSURANCE

15. Patrick Sperry

Patrick Sperry New Member

Make sure that you get an FFL, and are in full compliance. I lost mine years ago when Clinton et al decided that since my home based business was in an area zoned as general housing and business I didn't qualify.

16. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Well I bought my dillon and today went and got 1000 223 and 3500 9mm once fired federal brass for $220 total. Waiting on few other things in the mail and I can start reloading. The amount I shoot it just makes sense to make my own ammo.

17. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Can't wait to start.

Attached Files:

18. dustinoif3

dustinoif3 New Member

Have you found any .223 bullets online for a decent price?

19. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

An exert from Freedoms home page, also seen at several other manufacturers:
    Important Notice: There is currently a severe component shortage in the Ammunition Industry which prevents us from completely filling all orders at this time.

Therefore, due to circumstances beyond our control, we may modify your order and REMOVE / CANCEL the product(s) from your order which cannot be shipped within a reasonable timeframe. This means you may only receive part of your order, in which case, the payment amount we process to your Credit Card will be reduced to reflect the changes that we are forced to make to your order.

20. dustinoif3

dustinoif3 New Member

I was afraid of that when a couple of my favorite sites to order were bone dry.