Ammo can?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by BeyondTheBox, Jan 1, 2012.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I've been looking for a compartmentalized ammo can but don't seem to come up with anything. Has anyone heard of one and/or know where I can find one?

I have a standard plastic can I'm using now. It holds over 1000 rnds, but because of a lack of compartments I have to leave my ammo in the boxes which defeats the purpose for me. I want to be able to split it into three or four sections so I can unbox the different caliber rounds for easy access without them mixing.

There are containers I've found that achieve this, however, they aren't "ammo cans" thus they provide no water resistance or sealable/lockable lid.

Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Military surplus ammo cans are cheap, strong, weather resistant and they are stackable. Buy one for each caliber you want to store. The government does get some things right.

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Too much to lug around. I want a single box. Thanks though.

6. ghostturdz

ghostturdz New Member

I believe at one point cheaper than dirt sold vertical dividers for ammo cans. Im unsure if they still do thou :-/

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

you could always build dividers out of ABS plastic, if you have a dremel or router you could notch each one and slide them together without gluing or just silicone them in place , light weight , removable and cheap

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012