Ammo box uses?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by 2hot2handle, Aug 8, 2010.

1. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Hey all. We order our ammo bulk and usually find some pretty good deals at Cabelas. I'm not sure if you're aware but when you order bulk ammo from them they send you some plastic ammo boxes. Not really very strong but good for hauling stuff to and from the range. Though at max we really only need two boxes to do that. Any ideas as to what we could use these for? I'm just trying to get some usefulness out of something that at the moment is just taking up space. They'll probably just end up being used to store things but I thought maybe I'd try y'all out and see if you had any interesting ideas. The last pic is for size reference....and to show off my boom stick :p.

Attached Files:

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

If they have a good seals they would make good storage for powder and primers. Tupperware for sportsman.

Nice broomstick.

3. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Chains or jumper cables, tie downs, small emergency kit for your trunk, small tool kit for the range

4. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Hmmm I haven't started reloading yet. But that's a good idea. and thanks :D unfortunately I might be putting her up for adoption here soon.

5. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Oh very good, a good way to keep some stuff in the trunk without it floating around. Very nice idea Glass.

6. murraywc

murraywc New Member

Sell them on ebay and label them "Green" you'll make a killing

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Emergency kit for small boat- Whistle, flares, first aid, etc.

Lunchbox for a day in the duck blind.

Store a small BOB in your trunk.

Small tool box.

Gonzo cleaning kit for the range.

Hold the paperwork you need to submit for a concealed carry permit in MD, NJ, IL, NY, etc. Add more boxes as needed. :p

8. Redarrow18

Redarrow18 New Member

you could use them as a ballistics gell mold

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

you could send them to me. I'd be more than happy to adopt them from you.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Start geocaching and use them as cache containers.

Doc I will split them with you if thats ok.

If not I will take them all....

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Tango I's split anything with you, you make me laugh. Also because I done believe you have ever called me a flaming douche' bag.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

If you cut the right sized hole, i bet those would make a nice, easy-clean birdhouse. Remember, some of those birds eat mosquitos.

13. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I just keep ammunition in mine. :eek: There's been some good ideas thrown out there.

14. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I have a buddy that puts a windshield wiper motor in his, with his batteries, and the "arm" of the wiper is on the outside, and he uses them for "flashers" while ice fishing for Kokanee Salmon.

Works pretty nice cause they are still water resistant in case we get snowed on, and he can pack all the lines with the flashers inside.

15. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Thanks for all the great ideas I'm loving em :D. Tango and Doc. If I have a couple left over I'll send em your way. Do either of you reload? I've got some .223, 9mm and .380 brass I might add to sweeten them if you two have a hankering for some....

16. Highpower

Highpower New Member

When you DO start reloading, a couple of those would be great for tossing all your "empties" into for the trip back home. :)