Ammo Availability - Elgin

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by DevilDogTodd77, Feb 17, 2013.

1. DevilDogTodd77

DevilDogTodd77 New Member

Just wanted to let everyone near Elgin Illinois, Gat Guns has lots of ammo in stock. They don't seem to be raising prices on it either. I was able to get Blazer Brass 9mm FMJ for 15.99/50 and 7.62x39 for $7/20. Not bad IMHO.

2. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

Those are terrible prices

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Those are not terrible, prices especially the 9 mm

4. DevilDogTodd77

Well, terrible or NOT, I bought it and already disposed of the receipt :mad:

I will continue to buy ammo at that price point in small batches. If I find better prices, then I will take advantage, but for now this will do.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Can you do better :confused:

6. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

just picked up some WWB 9mm 100rd box for 24.99 at wally world so yes I can :D

I also got some Tula 9mm there for 10.99/50rd box I know its dirty but I clean my guns immediately anyway.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  7. DevilDogTodd77

24.99/100 is a great price for what I have seen around me.

What city/state are you buying? If u don't mind saying. I am Batavia, Illinois and stuff is pretty tough to find at that price point around here.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

GAT Guns is a great place. When Balota came to visit we went shooting there. This was in early December and the ammo shelves were full.

9. DevilDogTodd77

Winds - Yeah they have plenty of ammo, but prices are a little inflated currently, as in most places.

10. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

I live in Wheaton. Walmart was in Lombard on rt 83, I just got lucky that they had some I guess.

I've been stopping in at any walmart I pass, if I have the time, just to see if they have anything.
    The good thing about walmart is that they really haven't jacked up their prices.....Yet....

11. Plink

Plink New Member

We have been checking local WM's and even Farm & Fleet and the only thing we have seen in weeks is .380 & .45.

No 9mm or .22.