Ammo at Walmart

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by mudpupp, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Walked in to Walmart today, and they had the American Eagle .223 ammo in stock (doesn't happen to often).

The price last week was $5.97 per box of 20.

This week $6.97

Holy Hanna Montana that is a huge increase for 1 week. What is going on?

At least 12 ga hasn't gone up - YET!

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

When fuel costs rise everything goes up dramatically as every step in the manufacture of an item pays increased cost in fuel and energy.

Businesses dont pay tax and they dont pay for fuel or energy or labour. The end consumer pays for all of it.

3. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I was in WalMart today looking at the Federal 9mm ammo. It has also gone up about $1.00 in the last week.

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

And our current energy secretary would like to see US gas prices equal Europe...about $10 per gal

The comrades in DC think this is good because we will all buy solar panels and
    Chevy Volts.

Tack

5. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

You're lucky - my local Wal-mart only stocks .223 JHP, and at $16.97 for a box of 20, they can bit a big one.

6. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

The walmarts here in Newport news. Va.doesn't even sell ammo, maybe because were a commie-wealth.... idk.

7. m72law

m72law New Member

I've been buying 5-10 boxes of the tula brand in .308 everytime i hit up wallyworld here. @ 8bucks a box of 20,its better than buying offline....for now anyways.

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I usually buy my 9mm there. Winchester white box 100 count for $22 and some change. Thats a pretty good deal around me. Usually cheaper than buying online plus i dont have to wait for them in the mail.

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Wow here in Texas the price for 45acp has gone down about 4 bucks

10. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Don't mess w/ Texas!!;)
    The Wally world near me carries crap for ammo in the new store. It is a Super Wally world. I won't even walk in the door. Buy ammo, bullets, and Brass on line. Powder and primers locally. I buy .44-40 locally as it is always dirt cheap.
    I can't pass up $11.00 for 50 rounds loaded ammo these days.

11. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

What's funny to me about that is the electric motors these days are less efficient than gas motors. And most electricity that America gets is from burning something, which IIRC creates carbon emissions. Isn't that what they want to cut down on?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  12. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I gone into Wally World and picked up Federal Premium 45 ACP FMJ 50 rounds for 17.47 a box. Purchased 4 boxes!

13. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I just bought two boxes of Federal 9mm at mine for $11.95/box. They still have Tula for $9.95 in 9mm, but I don't care for how it works in my FMK.

What I need to do is find a deal on .38 Special for the wife's Taurus. Can't seem to find any deals even through my guys for this caliber.

14. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

thats nice...checkout my stash

IMAG0215.jpg

15. Uptown_General_Roc

Uptown_General_Roc New Member

Nice Stash

16. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I ordered this pretty little gem from colt, just waiting on it

1631218_O1880XSE.jpg
    Its a 80s series xse, from the 2012 catalog

17. Uptown_General_Roc

Uptown_General_Roc New Member

Not a bad choice

18. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Walmart sucks!Buying ammo from them is like buying a car from a 15 year old car dealer that just rode a bicycle to work .You wanna see mr magoo in person just ask them to get you a certain brand or caliber of ammo then ID you when you're obvously 75 years old.This sums up Walmart.

19. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Sorry for my last rant,but when you got a store like the one I usually go to,Walmart just stresses me out.I go to a place called Jay's Sporting Goods,there only have 2 stores here in MI and they lock up nothing,and they have no problem with you coming behind the ammo counter(which is like 30 ft long on each side)and browsing and getting it yourself unsupervised.I will happily pay the extra dollar for my ammo at a place like this.