Ammo at walmart

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by gabeshaffer, Dec 10, 2013.

1. gabeshaffer

gabeshaffer New Member

Everytime I go to walmart for my .22 they never have any bullets! Where else can I get some besides eBay and amazon and ect.?

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Gabe welcome to FTF and the rim fire ammo black hole!

Persistence is the key to success in every endeavor!

Why not stop by the Introduction forum and give us a quick snapshot of who you are and what you enjoy?

3. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

flea markets, auctions, estate sales.

4. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Right now .22 LR ammo is scarce and if found, expensive. You can find ammo at http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr Problem is some have max box quantities and when shipping is added, it is no longer worth buying.

Check local gun shows. They may have some but again the price is up as supply is down.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have had some luck at the local gun shops that have ranges. But I STILL can't find Federal ammo bulk in the red box. :(

6. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

WAIT!! You can buy ammo on ebay and Amazon?

7. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Completely unrelated, but I found 9mm at Wal-Mart last night. Surprised the heck outta me.

8. WAHOOMAN

WAHOOMAN New Member

I have luck at my local Wal-Mart. The key is to show up when the gun counter opens. Scored some Winchester M-22 ,1000 round box this morning. Showed up around 8:30 am and I scored the last box. The person at the counter indicated that they had six boxes. Good Luck.

9. awahlster

awahlster New Member

NOPE OP doesn't know what they are talking about

10. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Yeah, I know you can't but I thought it was funny.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah if you do find it on eBay or Amazon then someone's done a clever job of renaming it! (And you do see people circumventing the rules, though so far I haven't seen ammo.)

12. gabeshaffer

gabeshaffer New Member

When I said amazon and eBay I meant all the obvious places to buy ammo

13. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

My Wal-Mart has everything but rimfires. Even 7.62x51 and 5.56 along with the common handgun and rifle calibers.

14. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Ive seen it on craigs list under federal 9mm paintballs box of 50 for 30 bucks.

15. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Me too! Only the second time this year,(3rd if you count going to another Wally an hr. Away...)

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Wallyworld nearby, if you call it nearby. I picked up 2 boxes of 100 rounds CCI Mini-Mags for .22LR and 1 box of Tuloammo brass 9mm ammo 50 rounds; but, notice more .22LR hidden behind some cardboard in the locked cabinet. I made my purchase and had my ammo in hand before asking the question.

The reply was reserved and I replied back BS!

I should challenged them; but, the wife had me on a food purchase mission.

They're not suppose to place hide and seek with the ammo for their buddies, who re-sale for a larger profit.

17. WAHOOMAN

WAHOOMAN New Member

LOTS of AMMO at WM this morning. I actually had a variety to choose from. They had Winchester Super=X (100 count), CCI Mini Mag SV (100 count), Winchester 333 count (white box with red letters), Remington Gold (525 count and 225 count). The limit is still 3 per person. My local WM has been very consistent the past couple of weeks. Today was a GREAT Day for ammo!!!!

18. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Went outdoors to shoot today, and wound up at Wally for a few things afterwards. Cruised over to Outdoors, and all the 9MM,38/357, and all but 2 Boxes of the 45 that were there the Other day was GONE, except for LOADS of 5.56, 7.62/308, and Bulk 9MM in Cans. Still no 22LR......

19. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I asked about .22's today and they said they had some yesterday. But they did have .17HMR..

20. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Cabelas has it all up here, you just have to be willing to pay a little bit more than elsewhere if you want it bad enough. Do you have a Cabelas anywhere near you?