Ammo 86'd

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Jorgy, May 12, 2013.

1. Jorgy

Jorgy New Member

Went to Dick's Sporting Goods today with my wife and sons for Mother's Day. As my wife was trying out new putters, I thought I'd wander over to the outdoors section hoping to grab a box of .380 ACP. The clerk politely replied, "Sorry, Sir, we have no have NO handgun ammo. Thank you for stopping by though. ". The shelves were totally cleaned out.

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Pretty much sums up most people's handgun ammo buying experiences over the last couple months.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Get a feeling you don't get out much. Nationwide ammo shortage since a couple of days after the Newtown School shootings.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Our LGS is getting some handgun ammo back on the shelves. They have 9MM, .45 ACP,.380 Etc. and a pile of AR-15s. No .22 rim fire.:(

5. num1dude13

num1dude13 New Member

also been able to find ammo...just paying 5-6 dollars more then normal.

6. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I have found ammo at every LGS I have been too...no ammo at big box though. I have almost pledged allegiance to one as they are keeping (almost) full shelves at good prices while the rest have only a few boxes out at a time at slightly higher prices.

7. thefarmboy21

thefarmboy21 New Member

It's getting better around here too.....LGS usually has something in about every caliber (except .22) and Walmart even had .45 and 6 BOXES of .380 federal premium JHP the other day. The guy working the counter at WM said its getting a lot better.....two of the local walmarts BOTH had 3 AR's in stock.....223 versions, that's besides the AR .22's.

8. Jorgy

Jorgy New Member

Just sharing my experience, which is the purpose of forums. In February had no problem buying .45 and 380 at Dick's Sporting Goods. I hadn't yet until Mother's Day seen our local Dick's Sporting Goods completely bare of handgun ammo--no nuthin. And I go there 2-3 times a month. Thanks for the news about the nationwide ammo shortage and the Newtown massacre.

9. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Stopped by a shop the other day and he had ammo on the shelf. Only 35 a box for 9mm! And a box of Tula 45 could be had for the low price of 30. The owner went on to tell me how he's only making a couple bucks a box. :rolleyes: All his handgun ammo looked like it came from Walmart. :eek: